Thursday, June 29, 2006

Not older, WISER!

What's up world? I am chilling out on the cusp of my Birthday this weekend. You know, the days leading up to one's birthday are the time for reflection on life up until this moment. (The actual day is for getting bombed and acting the fool).

My life...all I can say is that I am blessed. Everyday that I wake up and see my sons, I am blessed. My family has accomplished some major goals this year. We purchased our first home (and are in renovation hell, but that's another post), we had a new baby, we watched our oldest turn 4 and my husband lost his mother. It has been serious in our house but we survived it all and made it through.

I think I have grown up a lot this year. Things that used to make me angry or disappoint me are getting easier to tolerate. Yes, I am a Cancer. I don't go in for all the astrology stuff but I really do have the basic attributes of the sign. I am like a crab. I have a tough exterior unless you can penetrate the outer shell. I seem quiet but can snap out on yo ASS with the quickness. I tend to bury myself and hide out when things hurt me. But when life is good, I resurface and roam around.

I am proud of my growth. I have a low tolerance for bullshyt. When I was younger, I used to just suck things up but now that I have grown into my own, I am straightforward with people. I am more honest with my feelings and I don't play games. I want people to know exactly where I am on all points. No guessing. Sometimes, it is not always what folks want to hear but I don't carry around baggage anymore and it feels good to get emotions off your chest.

I am going to try and continue to do a Jill Scott and live my life like it's GOLDEN. Cause really, when I see what the rest of the world is going through....How my brothers and sisters are being persecuted...How folks are struggling on a daily basis....How folks have to cope with illness and poverty.....I TRULY AM BLESSED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home