Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's not easy without green

CASH rules everything around me....The Wu.

You all know that I didn't grow up rich. Working class at best. Sometimes poor. Like many of you, my family unit struggled to make ends meet.

With my own family, I am sure we do what other parents do...we struggle but don't share it with the kids. We just purchased our first home this past year. We are in the midst of renovating and updating two bathrooms and will eventually be adding on a deck. It's a project but we love it.

In addition to our new mortgage, we have two car payments and two children. They are both in daycare. Daycare alone is about $400/week. No, I didn't stutter...I said per WEEK.

So when I get a call from my baby brother, who says he is struggling. I have to cuss his a$$ out. You have a good job, get to live in the apartment at my mom's house RENT FREE, always have on the latest freshest gear, just came back from a trip to Miami....and you are calling me to lament over being broke?

Do I look like I give a damn? It's called money management. Figure that mess out.
My salary gets stretched further than Monique's girdle....ya feel me?

Taliban 1 + Taliban 2 = Poorhouse

I just got done back to school shopping. Between supplies for both kids for the year (and yes, even babies have supplies like diapers every week, food for school, wipes, antibacterial crap, lotion, etc...) and then clothes and shoes. Mama is spent.

In addition, I have a house to pay for and run. Breaks my heart to hear that he spent his money drinking and now has to eat mom's free cooking for the rest of the week.

Young folks...INVEST AND SAVE. I didn't start out on the right path to financial freedom but I will not raise kids that way. I plan to raise millionaires who can eventually choose a career they love and not choose one that pays the bills.

Black folks, we have to get our financial lives in order.

12 Comments:

Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

PREACH SISTA!!!
*as I call my daddy to ask if he can make a deposit for me*

10:27 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Can he make a deposit for me too? LOL

12:41 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Tell me about it...

1:32 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

I hear ya!!

Taliban 1 + Taliban 2 = Hilarious!!!!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I got three words for you . . . I N G . . . ING Direct has been a godsend. Saving money has never been so easy.

6:16 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Dynasty...at least there are always cute shoes to make a girl feel better!

Supa...I know you can relate!!!!LOL

ON...ING Direct, Huh? Good tip. I will direct my brother there ASAP.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

My little sister borrowed money from me last year, when I asked for it back months after the deadline for repayment mind you…this heffa told me she’d give it back to me eventually. I was like “eventually” and she said…”it’s not like you need the money, you the one out buying Gucci shoes and flying all around the country.” Those were her exact words…SON!! I work hard for my fukin money and I can spend it on whatever the fuk I want…my spending habits aint got shyt to do with you cause it’s not me doing the borrowing. Needless to say that I cussed her the fuk out and she hasn’t asked me for so much as a nickel ever since LOL!! My brother is the same exact way…

I agree with you…teaching the value of a dollar, how to earn it and how to make it work for you is important. That education needs to start EARLY!!!

8:05 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I hear you Roycee. Don't let the Gucci shoes fool ya. Everyone needs their cash nowadays. I bet you did cuss her out...LOL

8:35 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I hear you Roycee. Don't let the Gucci shoes fool ya. Everyone needs their cash nowadays. I bet you did cuss her out...LOL

8:35 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

oooh wee. I SWEAR. You are speaking THE . TRUTH. And I KNOW about bills and though I want to have another child (i only have a 2 year old now), I do not KNOW if we will be able to AFFORD a $700 per month jump in daycare ALONE even if I DO work..... so I feel you. I also feel you on hte $400 per WEEK thing. We'd be paying $350 if I had two in there! So, I FEEL you!

I can't FEEL NOOOOBODY talking about being broke either girl! ooh wee......

Cause after mortgage, car notes, TWO BIG ASS student loan payments, utilities, food, clothing and uh.... could momma get SOMEthing new every once in awhile???? Ther ain't jack boo-boo LEFT!!! SIGH!! I feel you girl....

I might not be having NOTHING but a dayum puppy!!! At least he can stay at home ALONE! LOL

1:42 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Aww shat up...Lol...Btw Can I borrow ten dollars...lol

1:55 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

NO DOUBT!

lol@blah. lawd...

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home