Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm not a fan, I'm a stalker



I don't know if anyone else is a Maxwell stalker...I mean fan. It's been five years since his last release. He is on the verge of dropping his triple cd set. I just got word that the first single will be out in October. There were many rumors about the holdup on the CD. Yes, gay rumors...all of that. Turns out, the brother has been adamant about releasing a triple CD set and he's a perfectionist. Here is his latest email....Just sharing for any fans out there.

offtheFLO'

its been a minute, i know, since we've kicked it. i've been away
finishing things up to get music to the label. i spoke way too soon
about the myspace music release. since columbia has yet to hear
anything on the trilogy its becoming more than the average drum-
roll. so yeah, along with all of u out there, i got them. don't get
me wrong, the support has me hopeful but hey, i'm a little nervous
about it. just keepin it real, i think its good music but u never
know, people got opinions. needless to say columbia has had dates
ready and have been ready for longer than u know. i kept pushing it
back, so my official apology, for being so slow with the whole
thing. my bad.

the first single is called "off the flo''" produced with my long
time musical arsonist hod david. this one does it for me so i
figured u might like it. it'll be ready october eleventh or so, but
i gotta see how it works with the label and the schedule. thanks
again to all the new people in here. many thanks to everyone for
being patient and for puttin' me on blast about the timing. ur like
family :-D and again, i know i'm a fool with the timing but, this is
really going down!

it just gotta be right :-D is that so wrong :-?


much love and respect,
-maxwell

13 Comments:

Blogger Disco said...

O.K..... I read your other post on Maxwell and I Have this to say:

We gots to SHARE this African!!!

This is my second husband as well! I love him AS MUCH as A Tribe Called Quest. I lovvvvvvvvvvvve him , sought out the CD singles which have versions not released on the CD's, have seen him in concert 4 times (twice in one visit) and twice in teh FRONT ROW close enough to almost touch him (one of these concerts he came with Zhane, so tell me how long ago THAT was!! LOL great concert from them too though). I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE this African.


Girl..... I am too excited to hear this!!!! You have NOOOOOOOOO idea. I remember when NOOOOOOO one knew who he was and I was bumping his stuff, when folks were like "who is that" and when I got the first CD for $8.99 (you know how htey discount shit when they think it ain't about nothing even when it first comes out?)

I can't WAIT to get this new music! And who cares if he's gay..... if he just gives me onnnnnnnnnnne night...... just onnnnnnnnnnne night!!! LOL

7:52 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

Oh, and I AM a Maxwell stalker..... would stand outside the hotel trying to get in and EVERYTHING if he comes back! LOL

7:53 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Robyn girl...I don't know about sharing. I mean, I am willing to consider it. But damn, you are asking a LOT from our friendship.

I too have seen him in concert about six times. The man has me on his fan email distribution....need I say more? LOL

(He is far from gay....in fact he has a penchant for Brazilian Models...we'll talk offline).

I remember watching Video Soul and seeing the "Cops come Knockin" video. I was mesmerized. i had the CD the next day. I turned every friend I had onto that CD.

My personal favorite is Embrya. SEXY AS HELL.

We only have a few more weeks to wait Miss Robyn. I will update you when I hear any more news.

8:10 AM  
Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Did it just get warm in here?

My timing for first visits are uncanny.

Now if we can just get D'Angelo on a treadmill...

11:01 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Hassan...welcome, welcome. I was having a moment today when I got that email.

You are right about D'Angelo....damn he went from HOT LIKE FIYAH to looking like Old Dirty Bastard's cousin. So Sad

11:08 AM  
Blogger eclectik said...

For shame.

LOL!

you are silly.

eclectik-relaxation.com

12:19 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i remember maxwell from when he was still waiting tables at the coffee shop when i lived in new york...

i remember when he got signed and famous and he was always oh so sexy although kinda hung with the pretty boy bisexual look for a little longer than i was comfortable with!

the last time i saw him i was sorely disappointed to find that he was looking like a bootleg Santeria Priest in a dirty white tee shirt and a knit cap.

i was sitting next to him in the VIP Section for hours and had now friggin idea who he was and why people kept trying to take my seat..

it made me kinda sad! i hope he looks better now

1:31 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Miss Ahmad...don't be talking about my man. **getting the vaseline out, taking earrings off**

1:44 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

If its anything like his first couple of albums then I am sure it will be added to the collection.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

OOOH wee girl!!! Yes, we must talk offline about that! He need not be so into the brazilian girls. They are (fot the most part) beautiful, but he needs to stay true to me and YOU (see..... I'm still trying to convice ya to share! Come on.....sharing is caring!LOL)

@Ms.A: Girl, you know/have come into contact with a whole HOST of celebs, huh? LOL But for real, for real.... I don;t care WHAT he was "lookin like" cause a quick shower and shave can take care of that! (LOL at the bootleg Santeria Priest) LOL

And yes, 1969, PLEEEEEEASE keep me in the loop as far as more info.!!!

6:20 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I cannot wait!!!!! LOL @ "stalker" But, I so feel you on that. :-)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I'm not a stalker...really.
I like Maxwell. Sorta. I like Woman's Worth. I have 4 of his songs on my iPod but I always skip over them... but I guess I like him.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

OHMYGAWD!!! I love Maxwell...I've missed him so much. This post made my day (obviously I'm still catching up) LOL!!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home