Thursday, September 14, 2006

The World is Ending...

Whitney and Bobby are getting a divorce. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN.

I mean really, it's about freakin time. Two people with lots of money, destroying themselves on national TV while their child looks on. That kid should have been in protective custody YEARS AGO. And if you haven't seen her in a while...I hear she has a myspace page and calls herself "Nympho" and posts pictures of herself in bikinis. Hmmmmm, nice parenting. I don't know about you guys but I am waiting patiently for the tell all book. It's gonna be a doozy.

My trade show yesterday was good. Exhausting but good. It was held at the Rainbow Room in the NBC building. The restaurant has a phenomenal view of New York City. Seeing Central Park from that height is amazing. I swear I could look right into the Empire State Building. Really breathtaking and the Crab stuffed Ravioli was phenomenal.

I also snuck in a quick visit with my mom who met me for lunch. She is doing MUCH better...so thanks for your prayers and well-wishes.

All in all, a busy day. I got back home last night at 11:30pm and stayed up to watch Project Runway at midnight because I am obsessed with that damned show. Michael Knight was robbed for any fans of the show....let's discuss.

Today, I have to do it all over again. Another customer packed day. Lunch appointment. Cooking event tonight for 100 customers. Sales can be fun but I miss seeing my boys.

The balance for a working mom can be hard. I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. The monotony would drive me crazy. I love working. However, it is so hard to juggle a career with motherhood. I don't ever want to be an absentee mom so I push myself to make sure I am home for everything. Soccer, schoolwork, the park, the birthday parties, sleepovers, etc. Sometimes, I need a break. A mental break. Anyone else exhausted?

12 Comments:

Blogger onefromphilly said...

I love Project Runway, never miss it. You're right Michael was robbed. They felt like they owed Laura a win. *hmph* I think the final three will be Uli, Michael and Jeffrey. The final two Uli and Michael!!!!

I have 15 year old, I also helped raise my older daughter and son (I rarely use the word "step" ). This last one is in the 10th grade, and he still runs me. I can't wait until he goes to college, but I almost cry at the though of him leaving me. You will be exhausted until they leave your home. But when I look at my children I am so grateful for them and so proud to be their parent. All of the exhaustion in the world couldn't take away that feeling. So enjoy it, it only last a short time. It does get a little better when they don't need you to do everything for them.

2:05 PM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

I am obsessed with Project Runway as well, hell I'm obsessed with TV period but I digress... Yes Michael was robbed because his dress was FIYA! FIYA I say! Yo Phils, you not sick of seeing the same kinda of stuff from Uli & Jeffery? Where's the creativity?

Praise God your mom is doing ok :-)! In this life, balancing work and home will forever and always be the source of "mental" struggle. Just make sure you tell everyone that you love them and everything else will take care of itself... be easy.

2:42 PM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

When I was in NYC I didn't have time to get by the Rainbow Room (65th floor) to eat, but I did go a lil' bit higher to the Top of the Rock (70th floor) in Rockefeller Center. You're right, the views of Central Park, the Empire State Building and the rest of the city were incredible!!!! I couldn't stop taking pictures. I must've taken close to 50 in the 15 minutes that I was up there.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Exhausted wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe how I feel about work. Disenchanted would be more like it. Unfortunately, I have to act energized again because I"m up for a promotion.

Funny story, when I came home from work, I turned on Suite 62 on XM radio and the first song I heard was "Girlfriend" by Bobby Brown. When he got to the chourus ("I need a Girlfriend, and I need you right now"), I broke out laughing. Talk about irony.

5:09 PM  
Blogger lovelyjd said...

ROBBED...FOR SURE...That outfit was off the chain. He is so creative and really understands fashion and the woman's body. I was so mad.

8:15 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Scrivo: That was deep. Your analysis of the dysfunction. LOL
Thanks for the nice words about my mom...a few posts back I talked about her health scare. She is doing much better now.

Cocoa: I agree, they need to separate. They were only keeping each other down. Thanks for all the kind words regarding Mom!

One From Philly and Mo and lovelyjd:

I thought I was the only Project Runway addict. I heard that Laura is in the final three. She was at Fashion Week. So Ulli is probably gonna be out.

To me Ulli, Jeffery and Laura continue to make variations on the same style. They need to all show they can design clothes for someone "other" than themselves. And I am mad because I LIKED Kayne's dress last night. Especially over Jeffrey's Hot Mess.

GMo-Thanks for checking out my blog. We also got to up to the Top of the Rock. It really was pretty amazing. Nice spot for someone to propose...

ON...Can I call you? Would that be alright? Maybe Friday or Saturday night?...whatchuknow about Bobby Brown? LOL

4:59 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

First off, glad mommy is doing well.
Second...
I can't even describe the amount of disappointment I am experiencing right now....all the way here and I am stop on the train from you... *twisting my lips atcha*

10:32 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

years ago when bobby and whitney first got married bobby and i happened to be at the same birthday party. it was for some DJ or another and whitney musta called that place no less than one hundred times!

it was frightening and disturbing.

i hope they can both find some peace in their lives!

12:40 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Blah...I swear, I was running non-stop all day. My next trip up (in a few weeks) I will make time for the NYC crew. Promise!!!

Miss A....I hope she can get her life together.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Bobby's living with Superhead, Whitney's working on a new album, I don't know about you, but from the looks of it, Whitney is on the way back.

@ 1969 . . . I'll e-mail you.

6:06 PM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

Kinda funny that you said the Top of the Rock would be a good spot for someone to propose. That's exactly what I had planned when we went there in April. She's not scared of heights at all, but when we got up there she felt uncomfortable. There were just way too many 'non-Black' tourists all excited with taking pictures and stuff. So I ended up going with Plan B and proposing in Central Park where things were a lil' more quiet.

4:17 PM  
Blogger SLUMP FACADE said...

No Whitney and Bobby is like no Sun, Moon, no Chocolate, Vanilla, no NFL and someone getting arrested. Guess I'll have to pour out a 40 in there honor... Damn, I'm sad now!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home