Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving

Well, the Holiday is almost here. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite Holidays (2nd only to Christmas). I love to cook so this is like my Superbowl.

I have the Master shopping list. I have the baking dishes out. The good china cleaned. The new tablecloth and runner for my table. A centerpiece for the table.

But....as we all know. The star of Thanksgiving is really God and the FOOD.

This year's menu:

1969's Family Feast
Herb Roasted Turkey
Baked Ham with Bourbon Cherry Glaze
Cornbread and Sage Dressing
Four cheese Macaroni and Cheese
Collard Greens
Candied Yams
Corn Souffle
Fresh Baked Rolls
Sweet Potato Pie
Homemade Apple Pie
Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Sounds good doesn't it? I am done with the shopping and all I have to do now is cook. Hope you all have a safe, Blessed Holiday. Be thankful, remember tomorrow it could all be gone or worse....YOU could be gone.
Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

YUMMY!!! Dayum can I make it over the bridge in time enough to have dinner with my family and then another dinner at your crib in Philly...hmmmmmmmmm!!!

Oh and FIRST!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy the time with the family just as much as you enjoy the meal.

5:23 PM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

I'll be in Philly for Thanksgiving.. *hint,hint*

I'm free for leftovers on Friday.. *hint again*

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home