Monday, October 30, 2006

So Whatchu Sayin?

Well, I took 40 customers to the game yesterday. Two of my co-workers did absolutely nothing for the event. Basically, they showed up after I had everything set-up and then they both snuck out at halftime.

I got to work at 7am to make sure the breakfast, transportation, gift items, etc were all set-up and done. They strolled in when the customers started arriving...at 8:30am. We had arranged for everyone to park here and then be transported by bus to the field. One co-worker who has a 6 month old baby decided she would follow us in her car because she had to pump breastmilk before she left and she didn't want to hold everyone back. No problem. However, in actuality, you wanted to follow us with your car because you wanted to LEAVE at halftime and drive right over the bridge into NJ and be home faster.

I don't care if you want to go home, but just be honest about it. My 2nd co-worker, showed up at 8:30am. She rode up from Baltimore for the game, broke out at halftime.
Okay, why would you waste a $100 ticket for only half a game?

Most of the clients were theirs. I was stuck getting everyone back from the stadium to the Hotel. Nice. Not to mention that I won't be doing this job in a few weeks. They need these accounts, I don't.

Typical.

Can you tell I am not going to miss some of these individuals?

That's why the Eagles Lost....Hmph.

GO GIANTS!

7 Comments:

Blogger onefromphilly said...

Don't you wish that you could just be a flake like other people? I tell you, i hate being the responsible one!


Tell your co-workers that they gave my Eagles bad karma! That or those dayum Birds need to play some defense since they don't seem to feel the need to score points. I think I'll adopt the Giants in the NFC (the Eagles and the Redskins seem to want to fight it out for last place) and the Ravens in the AFC.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I am usually the responsible one too, but since I got my new job I do not care about these mofos at all. They treated me like crap so I am sitting here for 2 weeks just collecting a check until I push on. I can't wait!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

LOL! That's all I can do...laugh.

3:48 PM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

That's the problem with football games now... too many corporate folks and not enough true fans. Of course I'm not speaking of you cuz I'm aware of your love for football. I understand networking and trying to seal business deals and what not, but anyone who leaves or arrives midway through the game sucks!!!!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ onefromphilly . . . please do not get on the Big Blue Bandwagon now. We were in Philly a few weeks ago to pick up some people and you didn't get on then, so please don't get on now.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

Free food and drinks. Folks love it. If it becomes too much work many bounce. When we had parties at my old job, the same folks set-up or cleaned up while others just chilled. Putting a 20-30 person party is not easy and only a handful help.

8:55 PM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

damn...they stayed for a halftime...SCANDALOUS...

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home