Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Freedom to say *Insert whatever here*

I am a grown up. Being a grown up comes with some drawbacks but it also comes with some perks.

My favorite perk is the Freedom to say Whatever is on your mind. Honesty. So here is some honesty for you.

I have a low tolerance for bullsh*t. I am finding that as I grow older, I have less time and patience for stupidity.

I don't mean that everything that comes out of my mouth is great and eye opening. I just mean that I don't always have time for some folks and their shenanigans.

For example, I wake up and go to the gym at 5am, come home, get two kids dressed for school and then leave for work and still get here everyday by 8am.....I don't have time for young people that stroll in late everyday despite living five minutes from the job on foot...and then they talk about how hard it was to get in this morning. Yes, I am over you.

Or when I have to pay a mortgage, two car notes, a $400 a WEEK daycare bill, put food on the table, clothes on kids' backs, etc....I have no sympathy for single folks making GOOD money that waste it on clothes and hanging out and then have to call their mama's for money. Yes, I am over you too.

Now don't get me wrong....I have lived through those stages too. I was a young 1969 once and I spent all my damn money and I complained all the time. Yes, I had a great selfish stage.....BUT SOME OF YA'LL ARE PUSHING 35 and STILL DOING THIS CRAP.

And if you are...who am I to judge? But PLEASE, don't come in and complain to folks in the office.

YES, we are over you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

re I don't have time for young people that stroll in late everyday despite living five minutes from the job on foot

uh oh
guilty
*looks sheepish*

11:25 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Ha Ha. But do you come in late and sneak quietly to your desk or do you stop by everyone's office to proclaim "Whew, I could barely get up today. I am sooo tired. Walking in was crazy. A bum stopped me on the street and asked for a quarter." :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I have no sympathy for single folks making GOOD money that waste it on clothes and hanging out and then have to call their mama's for money. Yes, I am over you too.

I am gonna duck out now. Heh. I can not believe you get up at 5:00AM. Wow. I hate getting up at 8:00AM. Lol.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

Damn Sixy, $400 a week? I'm glad all my babies mamas stay at home!

KZ

1:16 PM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

I have always been obsessed about being on time for work. So I have no tolerance for chronic late comers. Now i can waste the hell out of a day once I'm here, but at least I'm here on time.... HA!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I take this post and put in on my blog? Matter fact, can I take this post, print it out and put it on my desk?!?!?!

1:36 PM  
Blogger BK said...

*I'm wit Fresh* Can I take this??? LOL it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO RELEVANT!

or those who feel like they can't READ the email you sent them but stop by your office to ask you WHAT YOU WROTE.. WTF

hugz 1969.. its gone be aight! :)

2:05 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

I'm 35 and my parents give me money, not allot but you know dimes and nickels here and there but they do it as a reward for raising someone who is self sufficient. Ironically when I was younger and maybe could have really used some extra cash my parents were not having it.

now that i'm in my 30's and more stable they seem to be more giving. I am the first to admit that i am spoiled/blessed.

Good thing I work in Hollywood and we don't have to be to work until 10:-)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

69, I feel ya. Now if you are struggling and doing the damn thing and shit happens fine. But don't belly ache cause you spent your phone bill on an outfit you did not need.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home