Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Heart Yourself

Schools are closed due to a major ice storm blanketing most of Philadelphia last night. I get to work from home today with two kids. Should be fun. Especially when the phone rings.

It's pretty cool to get paid to work in your pajamas so I can't complain at all. It beats having to use up a sick day.

As I watched all of my neighbors shovelling themselves out this morning, I couldn't help but wonder....Sometimes, I feel like we are all a bunch of drones. We wake up, shuffle off to work, come home and for what? Like life is not being lived. I am sure we all feel that way sometimes. That's why you have to do things to shake it up every now and then.

What are you doing to step out of the rut? Are you bringing some excitement back into your routine?

Some cool things to try:

Get a New Hobby?
Make a special trip
Renew Your Spirit
Recapture the passion

Amidst all of the stormy weather, today is still Valentine's Day. Love yourself, Love Your Life. That's what Love is all about.

6 Comments:

Blogger LadyLee said...

All good ideas... I have hobbies, and I make special trips, that's for sure. Anything to break up the monotony! Ain't nothing worse than the daily grind, and time that money comes in, it goes straight back out to pay creditors... Geez... There has to be more to life than that!

Enjoy your day off:)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Great message here! I still hate V-day....but I do love myself :-)

10:55 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I love myself!!! I do get in a rut on occasion, but not often. :-) Thanks for sharing. And have fun with the Taliban today!!!

11:10 AM  
Blogger BK said...

Hugz!!! while I shoveled out and came into work today.. I am getting TONS of things done :) I continue to renew my spirit and my passion for life through my activities/hobbies so its all good..

at one point my life ONLY REVOLVED around my kids but that has changed.. there is time for them and ME

have a happy valentine's day.. make da hubby some curry for dinner LOL

11:28 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

Thanks for sharing. I think we all need to be reminded to treat ourselves well sometimes. I worked from home today too, and it's so nice to be comfy and get paid!

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Snow Day

2:01 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

oh to work from home. i decided literally a few minutes ago i HAVE to get to miami and texas THIS YEAR. i don't know why i'm so excited about those two places but i am. not in the summer tho! hahahaha

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home