Tuesday, February 06, 2007

On the Road to Recovery

So I am off my death bed. Thanks to everyone for the get well messages. Your girl was battling a sinus infection and mild case of strep throat. NOT CUTE AT ALL.

I took two and a half days off. I am all better now though. Sleep and drugs. Drugs and sleep. Nothing better.

Congrats to the Indianapolis Colts and to Tony Dungy. He is a classy gentleman and I was happy for him. Peyton didn't deserve the MVP trophy but that's another post.

Did you see Prince? He was better than the game. Who else would come onstage with a scarf on and some heels in the rain and still rock the house? I really need to see him in Vegas.

I have made it another month without eating red meat and pork. I am feeling much better. It's probably all mental....but I do feel good. I have also been taking my vitamins. Small changes but hopefully, they will make a difference. I am all about the lifestyle change.

Nothing else going on...still playing catch up. Sorry for the random post. My head is still fuzzy and I returned to meetings galore at work.

I will leave you all with this tidbit....on the night of the Superbowl, at 10pm....someone knocked on my door. Yup, the neighbor with a cheesecake that she had just baked. I swear people....I can't make this stuff up. Mr. 1969 thinks I have a new girlfriend. Any thoughts?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jameil said...

lmao @your new gf. yeah... she sure wants to be. booo stalker. 10pm? no ma'am. throwing interceptions doesn't make you an mvp IMO but whatever. you know they have been on him for the last 9 seasons in an eternal love affair. ugh. prince is outrageous! loved his performance. but i'ma need you to leave the scarf at home! so prince.

9:35 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

I just love that little man! I could take him home and have him perform for me all night. (I meant sing and play the purple guitar) LOL

Cheesecake @ 10:00 PM on a Sunday night. Uhhh... 1969 why did you even go to the door? Girlfriend must be a transplant or something, cause those of us from Philly know NOT to go knocking on somebody's door at 10 PM unannounced and uninvited!!!!!!
And she's a Cop, Philly PD? What's her name? I got family on the force, she might need a background check... LOL

11:02 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Jameil....I loved the scarf. You know he was NOT trying to mess up that press and curl. LOL

OneFrom....GURL...I thought it was one of my hubby's friends or something. We were in the middle of a Superbowl party. Who bakes an entire cheesecake for strangers? I mean....we are going to end up having a very curt conversation.

11:19 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Glad to see you're feeling better, lady! And I agree - Prince was great! Although, why (when behind the curtain) did his guitar look like something I have in my top dresser drawer? I had to laugh.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Glad to see you up and about. I'm on my 2nd month without the pork and red meat, too. I purchased vitamins and have only taken one. I'm so bad!

So, you have a new friend, huh?

3:34 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

1969, I am so glad you are better. Sinus infection, I have at least a bad one a year at this time. So I feel ya. Drugs and sleep, the ultimate.

I missed Prince. He is bad. Keep his coif better than some ladies.

Cheesecake? Why at 10 PM? LOL.

9:31 PM  
Blogger BK said...

10pm cheesecake she just baked??? WHAT IN DI HELL?? Was she in her pajamas too?

You gone have to check her trini style one time.. for real!!!

glad you are back ma!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home