Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It Goes On.....

Some of you may remember my neighbor.

Yesterday, I check my messages and she leaves me this L-O-N-G message about how she has wanted to be an AKA for 20 years but just wasn't ready. This year she has resolved that she is ready and she wants to talk to me about membership.

Now I have no problem speaking to her about her interests but she also said that her sister is an AKA. My question is this.....who would better know you? Your sister or your next door neighbor that you don't know? Hmmmmm.

After 20 years, why haven't you ever talked it over with your sister? I am wary of this entire situation.

On a side note...last night, Taliban 1 was dancing and was feeling the music I guess, cause all of a sudden he shouted out "Shake your funky aZZ"..............screeech. Music came to a stop and his face was classic. Uh Oh.

"What did you just say?"

"Shake your funky azz?"
** said in the low voice with face looking down at the floor**


"Where did you hear that?"

"From my friends"

"Do you know what those words mean?"

"They're BBBBBAAAAAADDDDD words" **wailing at the top of his lungs**

"Goodnight son"

"I have to go to bed early?" **crying loudly**

"Goodnight son"

"Goodnight mommy" **bawling up the stairs, into his room**

I love Motherhood :)

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's funny......"You mean I have to go to be early?!?!?! Goodnight son"...Classic motherly comment.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

That neighbour is sounds fishy. I would try to keep my distance.

Awwww...how do you not laugh when they do that stuff? Must be a mommy gene.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

That neighbor is seriously pushing up!

Out of the mouth of babes! LOL

9:07 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

LMFAO! That is too funny! I can totally picture this scene, too. You are a great storyteller!

Yeah, and as a sister in greekdom, I'd be leery, too. Maybe she doesn't get along with her sister. But, 20 years? That's a long freakin' time. It obviously wasn't a priority for her (which then makes me question whether she has it in her to be a productive member).

9:25 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

OK, I know you and hubby had a good laugh after Taliban went to bed?? Motherhood....you gotta take the laughs wherever you get them!

I would be a little suspicious of you neighbor, but I've been wanting to pledge for the last 20 years also, and I keep getting sidetracked. I just couldn't in undergrad, my grades would have plummented. But if I had someone around me who was active I probably would do it right now.

10:27 AM  
Blogger chele said...

Your neighbor sounds shady as hell.

Gotta love the kids. It kills me because they know what they're saying is wrong when they say it ... then they have the nerve to manufacture tears to get sympathy. I remember getting my mouth washed out with soap for saying "damn".

12:20 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

I can't wait to hear why she hasn't talked to here sister... you are going to ask, right?

Your son is classic. That's what kids do...push the limits!

3:04 PM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

If only we could control what they hear..*sigh*

5:02 PM  
Blogger p_nami said...

LOL...she's just trying to get close to you ;-)

8:22 PM  
Blogger BK said...

LOL @ the neighbor LOL teeheheeeee

now Taliban 1.. HAHAHAAAAA oh gawd.. that is soooo funny... and I so see it!!!!

*you mean I have to go to bed*.. LMAO

6:34 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Ummm that neighbor you would think that her first stop would be her sis...then again if she hasn't talked to her about it there is probably a good reason

Your son is hilarious LOL...funny how their faces change when they do something they know they shouldn't do he probably thought you wouldn't hear him LOL...

7:08 AM  
Blogger Madam DLBG said...

Oh Snap...you hit him with the "goodnight"...MEMORIES!! My moms use to do that! The next morning I'd have my punishment explained. lol.

5:42 PM  
Blogger LadyLee said...

Your neighbor needs a reference... that's all that is!!

LOL @ "Shake your funky azz!!"

11:23 AM  
Blogger Keli said...

Neighbor lady does not sound quite right. You hanlded little Taliban quite well...I don't know what I would have down. Wow. lol.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

your neighbor's sis probably knows she won't really be down for the cause. holllaaa! boo wack neighbor, boo.

lmao @ shake your funky azzzzzzz!! hilarious!! who even says that? so funny.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Oh and I forgot to comment on the AKA wannabe chick in my other comment...but I am always leery of grown azz adults who are obsessed with joining an organization so much so that they are approaching relative strangers. Something aint right...tell her we don't have any vacancies right now...WE FULL!!! LOL!!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home