Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Flashback

"Do you remember
When we fell in love
We were young
And innocent then
Do you remember
How it all began
It just seemed like heaven
So why did it end?"


Remember the Time....M.Jackson


So at my reunion, was my high school boyfriend, the Quarterback. He was my first, um...well first. LOL

We dated for two years (when in reality I was secretly in love with a boy named Chris in my homeroom who would eventually become the man I loved and lost to an untimely death). We dated my senior year and the Freshman year of college before the distance and excitement of meeting new people got to us.

We had a great high school relationship. We were popular, the Quarterback and the Fly Girl (at least I THOUGHT I was fly....the old pictures tell another story).
We were a power couple among maybe, four other couples.

Well it was hilarious to see these same couples at the reunion. Of course, they played...the famous MJ song above and made all of the high school couples dance.
We are both happily married with two sons. How ironic.

So while we danced and had every body yelling stuff about us on the dance floor...we were laughing about all of the old days. You know, when you would cut class and sneak the boy into your house and then try and have him out before your mama came home? Oh hush....you know what I am talking about....ole fast azzes!

Then we talked about the prom and remembered that the last song they played was "Adore" and that was OUR song. You know....old stuff that you forget but remember somewhere in the back of your mind?

Well we all had fun hanging out and reminiscing. It was great.

Of course, there was the moment right when we were all leaving and saying our goodbyes when he leaned in close, told me I still looked terrific, maybe better and that "those shoes you are wearing have been wreaking havoc on my equilibrium all night".

1969 has still got it. LOL

14 Comments:

Blogger sunshine said...

OOOHHH I am telling Mr. 1969!! Just kidding- glad you had a great time. My 20 yr is in a few months and I can't wait!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

That sounds like so much fun. It was just enough reminiscing.

8:54 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

YES YOU DO!!!! Sounds like you had a blast and I'm happy for you. I had a great time at my reunion. I dated a guy older than me, so he wasn't there. But, it was definitely a memorable evening with all the reminiscing. I'm glad you had fun, lady!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

I can tell you had a blast! Always good to see the people you went to high school with and know you look soooo much better! LOL

9:52 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

How about sharing some old pics. My blog buddy dared me and others to post our high school grad pics and our pics now.

Check mine out:
http://drawn2words.blogspot.com/2007/04/yearbook-challenge-ok-my-blog-buddy.html

9:53 AM  
Blogger BK said...

you got that VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBE.. *REMEMBER THAT R KELLY SONG* lol


work it ma.. you got it!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Let me find out..."he caught the VAPORS" LMAO!! Yeah Momma you know you still got it and IT aint going no where. Glad you had fun...wish I was there so I could have gotten the single cutie from ATL's digits HA!!!

Can we get the pics from Trini??

12:19 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i wish i'd actually dated someone at my high school, that would have been fun. but i split my high school years between an all girls catholic school and a public school that i was kinda not really digging once i got there:-)

my twenty is a stone's throw away, i guess i'm excited!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

AWWWW sounds like you had a blast...let me find out he's wondering what if LOL

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all that, can a brother see the shoes??!?!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

gurlllllll you definitely got it!
and yes I remember sneaking my boyfriend in and out of the house before my moms got home..we were all shocked when we graduated!!! We were hardly ever in school!

now post a pic of the shoes...lol

5:23 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

You got it. And he was tryna get it! LOL.

I NEVER snuck anyone in. But only because of logistics! Pops went to work at 2. I got out at 2. Mom's got home at 3:15. A good window, but we weren't up on quickies. We liked to play house. ;-)

But, I did sneak over to his...LOL

2:06 PM  
Blogger b.kiddo said...

gotta love the mj

5:27 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

Heeeeey Noooowww!

Doesn't it just make you feel good to know your sh$! still stank! :oD

Glad your H.S. reunion was great!

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home