Monday, April 02, 2007

The Hotel Diaries

For those that may not know....I work in the Hotel Business. So many people have asked me to post about what actually happens in a hotel. I am going to do a series of stories and give you a taste of Hotel life.

At the Hotel, we have what is known as an M.O.D. The M.O.D is the Manager On Duty. This person is the acting General Manager over the weekend when the GM is not in the hotel. You usually begin your shift from Friday and you leave on Sunday at 5pm. You check in and stay all weekend and are basically on call for any guest issues or complaints. Most of my stories began during an M.O.D shift.

One night on my shift, a guest called me on the phone. She asked for the "Hotel Manager" so I pick up and she starts talking:

"Is this the Hotel Manager?"
"Yes, Ma'aam. How can I be of assistance?"
"I have a delicate situation that I need help with."
"No problem, how can I help?"
"I left something in my room that I need retrieved and overnighted to me"
"No problem. When did you check out of the room?"
"I am at the airport. I left an hour ago."
"What room were you in?"
"I was in Room 1227. But this needs to be handled delicately."
"Sure thing Ma'am. What is the item?"
"The item is wrapped in a towel under the bed on the left hand side of the bed"
"Wrapped in a towel?"
"Yes. Can you please retrieve it and overnight it to this address?"

**writing address down**
"And what is the item Ma'am?"
"Uh....it's my vibrator."
"A Vibrator Ma'am?"
"Uh...Yes"
"Wrapped in a towel under the bed?"
"Yes, the left side."
"Okay Ma'am, we will take care of that."
"Thank you so much. Please have it overnighted and bill me for the charges."
"My pleasure."

So as I hang up the phone and call the Housekeeping Director and tell him to meet me on the 12th floor with some gloves. I am cracking up. What could be so good about this piece of machinery that you would risk embarrasment to call and have it OVERNIGHTED, no less.

After fighting for ten minutes with the Director of Housekeeping over who was gonna actually touch it (HE LOST)....we retrieved the item, placed it in a plastic baggie...towel and all....and overnighted it to the guest.

She ended up sending me $100 for my troubles. Sometimes, an orgasm is worth more than you might think.....

14 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Lee said...

LOL @ fighting over who was going to touch it. You get it. Nooo, you get it! LOL

She risked embarrassment, paid shipping and a huge gratuity. That musta been some piece of magic...

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO @ Ms. Lee's comment...ahahahaha...

So that's the stuff I hear buzzing through the walls at night when I'm staying in the hotel?!?!?!? And I thought it was the coffee machine!!!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Did the dildo have like a tongue attached to it..Dayuum..She could have bought a new one..lol

8:06 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Ms. Lee...we fought for a good ten minutes. I can't even lie. I was like..."Hell No...you are in Housekeeping homie not me". LOL

Fresh...It ain't the coffee machine. I'm telling you....I have stories for days.

Slishy...exactly. I was amazed that someone would go to those lengths to have that shipped to them. I needed to write the make and model number down and get my own. DAMN. Had the woman jumping through hoops.

4:37 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

ahhhahahahahahaha!

Why is the song 8 Million Stories going thru my head right now.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Talk about bonding with your personal affects LMAO!!! Yo there is no way i'da called an 1) admitted that it was mine or 2)expected someone to pick it up and send to me...sorry couldnt do it. Uhhhhhhhh not that I own one you see...I'm just saying, if I had one...which I wouldnt cause why would I need one...but if I did I wouldn't have gone through such lengths...ok lemme go now LOL!!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Oh my goodness. I am ROTFLMAO. I am at work and cannot really let myself loose. LOL.

Gurl, that vibrator must be her saving grace. To pay for shipping and give you money, that sucka must be made of gold. LOL. SMH.

6:40 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

LMMFAO!!! Holy crap! That is hee-larious! I ain't gonna lie. I love mine. But, I don't loooove mine. Ya dig? I can't see going through allo that.

7:06 AM  
Blogger BK said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGG

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Damn that musta been a lonely business trip that she had to bring it with her!!!! that is SOOO FUNNY

damn it had to have been good to her.. cause she coulda bought another one.. I guess dildos are like real ones when you get used to them hitting the right spot its hard to let go LMAO

9:54 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Hee. That's a good one. If it were me I would call for it. The people at the hotel do not know you personally. It is not like you left it at your friend's place.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Don't hit me...but I cant find your email address :-( (I thought I saved it but apparently I did not)

jerzsfinest26@gmail.com

11:16 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

Damn, that thing must have been made of platinum. Forget diamonds, I guess dildos are a girl's best friend now.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

AHHH LOL that thing must have cooked after he served her up right LOL

1:28 PM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

some of those things do cost a grip!! but what about all the germs by the time she gets it..ya'll touched it, the packaging, YUCK!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home