Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday's musings

The last three days have been crazy. Went to Brooklyn on Friday and spent the day with my best friend. We had dinner at a great restaurant. The sushi was amazing.

Played with my Goddaughter and my new nephew and chilled out and relaxed at my best friend's store. I left with a great book. The book had me bawling just like the Kite Runner. If you are looking for a good read, check it out.

Before leaving, I stopped off at my other friend's store and took a slice of her world famous red velvet cake with me for the trip back. Now you can see why I love going home.

I returned and attended the Que party at the African American Museum in Philadelphia with the hubby. The event was really nice and we had a great time. However, I was in recovery mode for the rest of the weekend after that. I am getting old I tell ya.

Yesterday, it was all about the boys. I know I say this constantly but they really are getting so big. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. The baby is a grown man pushing 30 and my oldest is about 35. I swear. I am starting to have these deep conversations with them and then I pause and realize that they are kids. LOL

Happy Monday.

18 Comments:

Blogger Minerva Exertion said...

Sounds like you had a full fun weekend.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

That's the beauty of kids...the extent of their reasoning is usually way beyond what you think.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Just reading about your weekend has me tired. Sounds like fun and that cake sounds yummy.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Wonder Woman is always on the go! I was almost as busy as you this weekend. I can't do the partying either... I would have been laid up poppin' ibuprofen.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

They don't make kids the same way they did when we were younger. Kids today grow up much faster. One day, they'll be teaching you a thing or two instead of it being the other way around.

9:07 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Your weekend sounds truly pleasant. Eventful, with enough pause to actually enjoy the moments you were taking in. :-) I love those!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I'll be in Brooklyn in August...I'm going to try to check out both stores....velvet cake YUMMY!!

I've been meaning to pick up Kie Runner but as always I have 4 books in rotation and better not get another one until I finish at least one of the ones I have LOL!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

Sound like you had a great weekend, your a great friend giving your friends free advertisement. Cool.

9:40 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Minerva....I did, I did.

Amadeo...WAY beyond.

Miz JJ... the cake was delicious. I wish I had some now.

Erica...I was so physically drained after the weekend. All I wanted to do was sleep.

ON...they teach me stuff everyday.

BZ..I did have a good weekend. I did try and pause....I am getting better.

RD...the two stores are right next to each other on Lewis Ave. Stop by and tell em I sent ya :)

Nitty...I love those ladies so the least I can do is give em a shoutout.

10:06 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Oh yeah.....another GOOD book is CasaNegra. BK Diva lent it to me and it was a great read.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See that's what your old arse get for trying to party in a different state! Probably had "x" amount of rum too!!! The kids thing....yeah I feel ya...

10:13 AM  
Blogger BK said...

Girl.. I see you had a great weekend!!! mine was FABULOUS and tiring LOL

and the kids thing.. I SWEAR they come out babies and after their 1st birthday they move into their 20's!!!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

on the Hosseini, can you please tell me, is there any brutality in this book? I love his writing but I just can't take it. Life is brutal enough.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

w/friends w/businesses like that who needs anything else!?!? wow! don't let me get to BK, i will def. have to holla at those places. i love food and books. perfect combo. and a que party to boot? good times.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time..always nice to home and then come back to those wonderful times with the family....

2:08 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

GC....there are a few scenes bt nothing as heart wrenching as Kite Runner. This story centers around two women.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Nikita T. Mitchell said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Nikita T. Mitchell said...

Sorry about the deleted post. Blogger messed me up. I was basically saying that I have a deep admiration for mothers and that your sons are blessed.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home