Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I think, therefore I am

Tali 1 @ the Rodin Museum

I Think that I think too much. I feel too much. I care when I shouldn't. My compassionate nature is endearing to people. It's what they love about me. I always hear about how kind I am, how generous, how much I care about people's well-being over my own. My unsacrificing nature.

Inside, I feel like that caring nature is the bane of my existence. You know what happens to people that care? They get kicked in the gut constantly. I try not to become cynical. I try not to have unrealistic expectations for other people. I know that I can't control anyone's actions. But somehow, this small glimmer of hope that individuals will do the right thing and look at the situation in the same light always rears it's head and eventually.....gets stomped on. I get my feelings hurt.

Then what do I do? I stay calm and focused on the exterior. I move on with the task at hand and handle my business. But somewhere, down below, the gates of kindness have shut down. I forgive but I never forget. It's the nature of my beast.

I am my sign. I am Cancer, the Crab. When hurt I will retreat. Bury myself in the sand....in my day to day life. But, there always comes a time when the crab, lays in wait....and then.....when you least expect it.....It snaps.

I dread the day when it all rushes to the surface. Not for me.....but for those around me. Cause once it goes down, I will be powerless to stop it and when in battle....I take no prisoners.

And I know that my day is coming. The day when I jump out of the sand and cut folks to the quick.

Until then, I will take a deep breath and wait under the surface. I think the tide is shifting on this beach.

13 Comments:

Blogger Shai said...

Wow! What a post. What happened? How was your Bday? I hope things work out.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I'm no Cancer...but I can relate Sis!!! Sorry I missed your birthday but Happy Belated :-) Whatever it is...just Breathe (someone recently gave me that advice and it worked *wink*) Hope your B-day was AWESOME!!! And my nephew looks absolutely adorable!!!

8:20 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

OH, my Cancer Sister!!! I'm sooooooooooo with you on this! *sigh* I do hope yesterday went well, but I can't help but think that someone disappointed you on your birthday. I doubt you expect much of anything. But, I know that a lack of consideration can bring about those feelings.

BIG OL HUGS

9:03 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

oh my. i'm def. not that person. i'm can be very volatile and much more frequently hear "you're so mean" than "you're so nice." matter of fact the one time i heard that someone described me as nice i double checked to make sure the person meant me. it was a delightful feeling though foreign. i got a good laugh off of that one. i'm just blunt. and if i don't like you, its very obvious. and i'm far more likely to go off immediately... unless i'm at work.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Nexgrl said...

You have described us Cancers to a tee. I have a friend who tells me that people who don't really, really know me, always think I'm nice. He says that I am nice until they have plucked that last nerve, then I go off.

9:46 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Thanks again for the belated birthday wishes (glad you made it back Roycee).

Let's just say that my new motto for my 39th year is "Do for Self, Not For the Selfish"

9:54 AM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

I too am no cancer, a leo in fact....oh but how I can relate! it can be really bad, especially when are constantly giving and giving and it seems like you never receive, and the thing that makes it even WORSE is that you aren't giving TO receive, but when its YOUR TURN, and those around you can visibly see that you NEED them and you know that they know, bu still do nothing...man...it makes it that much worse...

so i too retreat to my den and lay and wait...being the constant thinker doesn't help much either...

so I am new here, but just know i can totally relate! totally and want to send hugs and positive thoughts and vibes your way

10:15 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

TC....You are feeling me exactly. I don't ask for much. I prefer to give.....but when it comes to the one day that is my day.....don't act like it's not important just because YOU didn't make the effort.

Can ya'll tell I am HOT? LOL

Breathe....breathe....*sigh*

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww sh*t. Having personally experienced a Cancer's wrath, I'd say this is fair warning. That's all I can say about that.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Nikita T. Mitchell said...

damn, im sorry ur day was less than perfect - b/c that is what u desere.

Lots of love is being sent your way from this side of the world!

3:26 PM  
Blogger BK said...

WOW.. somebody betta be REAL careful!

5:40 PM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

That was well stated. The whistle must blow on the kettle. Then we tend to it, take it off the source that's making it "hot" and allow time for cooling down. Just hearing about the onset of women who have heart attacks moreso then men has allowed me to give notice to my internal conflict. Snap. Then let God.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! I feel you. I feel that way too, but don't lose faith in people. Some will disappoint you, but sometimes you will be happily surprised by others.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home