Friday, July 20, 2007

Work smerk....

So I really need to finish a project but I don't FEEL like it. I worked like a slave yesterday. Oh snap, I am a slave...LOL. Seriously, I think I am done. Hell, it's Friday. Let the slacking commence.

Small confession....I did not do well as far as healthy eating at all this week. **sigh** I will kick it into high gear tomorrow though. Gym at 8am and I will work it all out of my system. Spinning class should do the trick. And it's an all seafood weekend at the 1969 house. Seafood, roasted veggies and lots of fruit. Gotta stay in the game and detox the cake and chips. Hush....I needed it!

Mr. 1969 will be out of town on Saturday so it will be me and the Taliban Maruaders.
I am probably going to take them out to the gym with me, then we will hit the Please Touch Museum and maybe go see Rat.atouille. My oldest wants to see Transformers but it looks too grown for him. Has anyone seen it? Too much for a five year old going on 40?

Lastly, when the Husband returns on Sunday....I am handing off his kids and I will be locked up somewhere in the house with my Ha.rry Potter book. Yes, yes, I read Ha.rry Potter. Retreat YE HATERS. The books are good....and I need to know what happens before everybody starts telling me who dies. If you are down with Hogwarts, holla at ya girl :)

If you are close to Philly.....Musiq Soulchild is giving a free concert tonight at Penn's Landing. Also popping off is the Que boatride tonight, departing from Penn's Landing on the Sp.irit of Philadelphia.

I will be home sipping a glass of Chardonnay, because mama is too old for all that hotmess. You youngsters get out there and enjoy yourselves.

I leave you with a Flashback Friday classic (this one's for you Fresh)...cause I got land in the sand of the West Indies......Damn I be paid......

17 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

Damn, concerts at Penn's Landing. Sounds like fun. I need to get my annual trip to Philly in real quick before the summer is over. Nothing like hanging out at Penns Landing during the day and bar-hopping in the old city at night. Follow that with a drunken stupper down Broad Street back to the hotel and its a great night in the city of brotherly love.

I saw Musiq last month and he and his band put on a pretty decent show. If the weather holds up, it should definitely make for a good night.

I've found out that a lot of my co-workers are into Mr. Potter. I just can't get into it.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm talented, yes, I'm gifted...
Never boosted, never shoplifted...

You know I adore you for this right LMAOOOOOOOO

Oh yeah, OSAG eating was a negative for me this week too. The donuts kept callin' me man....

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Man I wish i could head up there I love me some Musiq and free is even better...Sounds like a fun weekend!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

ON....Philly is a fun town in the summer. Reda one Harry Potter and you will be hooked.

Fresh...I got you man! Mention a song and I will find that joint.

Think, just blink and I've made a million rhymes....
Imagine if I blinked a million times?

That's genius right there!

Honey.....free is always better!!!

9:43 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

I so miss Philly and Penn's Landing in the summer. I also miss Water Ice and soft pretzels, cheese steaks and hoagies and ........ sorry I drifted for a minute!

But I'm taking the ride up there on Saturday and me and my sidekick gonna stuff our faces. My mother always cooks for us and our ig'nant butts come walking up in her house with cheese steaks and hoagies and strombolis. LOL

9:46 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

One from....Please email me....you know where to find the email addy!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I like Harry Potter, but I definitely spoiled myself by reading spoilers on-line. Try to avoid them if you can. Happy reading!

10:47 AM  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

Why wait until tomorrow to start the health kick, hell wait until monday because who knows what your going to eat on your outings this weekend. Love the flash back.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

i need to move to philly. always havin hot concerts. spinning sucks!! me and bikes don't get along. i did a walk around the park today, scaling these giant hills. love it. its the best thing about living here-- not scorching in the summer. you can actually BE OUTSIDE w/o dying. i think transformers would be a bit much for a 5yo but i'm conservative in what i think kids should watch.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Dondasaurus Rex said...

Enjoy the Harry this weekend. I plan on being in the sun with my book and some kind of mixed drink this weekend!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

I haven't worked out myself since Monday...need to get myself to the gym tomorrow morning too.

Ratatouille was fabulous but Transformers is a bit much for a 5 y.o. It has some pretty scary and realistic stuff.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ms Sula said...

Ratatouille was indeed great!

And I too am very fond of Mr. Potter.

Have fun with the kids!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

Harry Potter? No comment.LOL.

I liked that Special Ed joint.

Why everytime I see you mention the Taliban I see the kids holding yall hostage? LOL.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

AHHH! Special Ed! nice. You mentioned healthy eating -- I'm on a quest of my own...some days, believe me, are better than others. I just posted a blog with a recipe for one of my recent favorite light meals... check it out. Any work-out tips??

1:48 AM  
Blogger BK said...

awh shucks!!! see I didn't even come back here friday.. dats my man!!!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

how did we both go back with Special Ed?/ I just put him up last night...man those were the days! don't fuss over the unhealthy eating episodes..no use in dwelling on the past, from what I've read you're pretty disciplined so you'll get back on track! HP??...meh...just can't get into it!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

OMG!! You did not break out the Special Ed! I forgot all about him!!

Where is he now? LOL

Hope this Friday is going better for you!

Have a great weekend!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home