Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Hotel Chronicles

I was a new employee at my hotel and I had recently left one major Hotel chain and had started at another. Same stuff but the corporate climate was very different.

I had been in the job a month and so far was enjoying the change.

Coming down the hallway, I see the General Manager. I stop and say hello and he starts walking with me. We both get on the elevator and as we descend to the Executive offices he says....

"So, How is your period looking this month?"

**CRICKETS**

For a solid minute, I was dead quiet. In my head, I was like...WHAT THE FUDGE DID THIS MAN JUST ASK ME? Then my mind started racing and I started thinking....IS THIS SEXUAL HARRASSMENT, DAMN, I JUST GOT HERE?

Finally a lightbulb went off and I remembered that at my old company, we called the end of the booking cycle "Month End". Here at XYZ Hotels, they call it "Period End".

Whew.

"My Period looks like it's turning out to be a good one."

I went downstairs and told my Director of Sales what happened and she was in tears..."At least you didn't smack him." LOL

22 Comments:

Blogger Erica C. said...

I'm glad you didn't smack him either!LOL

5:36 AM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

I can soooooooooo see this happening. Guess that's why I'm cracking up over here.

5:45 AM  
Blogger BK said...

GURL!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did my head cock to the side like WHAT DID HE SAY???? lmao!!!!!


*dead*.. but glad you didn't end up losing your job cause I know the Trini with a touch of BK was bout to come out!

5:46 AM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

When I read that I was like wait a minute! LOL!!! I know you was ready to get sistuh-girl on his azz! Hilarious for sure!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

I would say something a boss asked me once, but it wasn't a mistake and it took me a minute to collect myself.

5:54 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

LMAO at Amadeo. You know we need to know right?

6:23 AM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

I'm so quick to respond (hate those periods of silence... no pun intended), I would have blurted out, "Oh, it has been heavier than usual this month. Must be the type of food I've ingested or the increase and me and the mister's sexual activity. Dunno, but it looks like it's gonna last longer than the typical four day cycle."

6:48 AM  
Blogger cbean said...

ROFL @ Pro

7:03 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

ROFLMAO. SMH. Girl, I would have thought nosey azz jerk. LOL.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

hahahaha. my tendency is to ask questions so I would've sounded crazy not knowing what a period is. hilarious.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

oooh!! but did you see that scott baio is 45 and single will have a 2nd season?? yeah!! this will focus on him prepping to be a father. can't wait.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Minerva Exertion said...

Funny. Funny!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Pro is a nut! LOL

Jameil...why did they send Tre home???????? I am heartbroken.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

LMAO! I'm would have been asking for some specific clarification while giving the WTF face.

9:01 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Ha!
But I think my face would have shown what I was thinking.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very glad things didn't get ugly! LOL!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

gurl I can just see you *thinking* now how can I answer this and KEEP MY DAMN JOB!!! funny!

9:42 AM  
Blogger lynn said...

That was to funny, thaks fo the laugh.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said...

LMAO.

Well...It's a lucky thing you aren't one to react before you think.

That could have gotten real ugly-like under other circumstances.

12:03 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

Pink Slip Laughter over here!

At my old job, they called it "conversion" when we signed folk up for the payment plan. Our staff meetings sounded like church, always talking about "the Conversion Rate."

At my new job they say, "bucket" when they mean "category." All day Im thinking about a fishing trip or maybe a mop [!??!]

Work can really twist up your language!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Honest said...

That was hilarious!

There's nothing like new work lingo. lol!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Tired of being broke said...

Wow, lmao...knowing me I would have probably flew off the handle and say something crazy to him.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home