Thursday, August 31, 2006

Are you ready for some football?

Fall is around the corner. The air is crisp. The wind is picking up. In the 1969 house, this can only mean one thing....FOOTBALL SEASON is upon us.

Yes, I am one of those women that watches football. I don't just watch to see who's cute and looks good in their uniform...I watch the game.

Actually, I study the game. I grew up somewhat of a tomboy. I played softball, swam and ran track. Since I can remember, I have loved watching football.

My team has long been the NY Football GIANTS. However, my AFC team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. I guess growing up hating the Cowboys, I ended up always rooting for the Black and Gold. They have grown on me.

But back to the Giants. They were my team when all we had was Lawrence Taylor. In the days before Parcell's arrived and built the monster squad of the late 80's when the NFC was the TRUTH. Carson, Banks and Reasons. Joe Morris and Mark Bavaro. Simms and McConkney. I grew up with these guys.

Now we have a new squad, led by a young quarterback with a lot to prove. We have Tiki Barber who has learned to actually hang on to the ball and run his ass off.
Michael "brokeback" Strahan who needs to step up the leadership this year. New blood in Levar Arrington. And the lovely....Will Demps. Who cares what position this kid plays....his skin is flawless and he is so damn pretty. LOL



So get some wings and a grab a beer.....and GO GIANTS. Let the games begin.

15 Comments:

Blogger sunshine said...

My GOD -He is beautiful!! Yes, I am one of the ones who watch football just to watch the guys!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I like a more cocoa brother myself but the man is flawless. I can't hate. LOL

He is the lead in Letoya Luckett's video TORN.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I prefer a darker berry as well but I think I "swooned" when I saw that video the first time LOL!!

Ummm and it's all about the Eagles Baby!! D. McNabb ALL DAYUM DAY!!! I love that man! Oh and I can't forget the Saints this year...Reggie Bush is HELLA HELLA Fine!!!

I'm so excited...this gone be a great season!

1:30 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Now I do also love some Tiki Barber with his picture perfect teeth. Hmmm, maybe I do also watch for the brothers?

And Royce, Reggie Bush is beyond fine. Sigh**

I HATE THE EAGLES. And McNabb is a punk. (Love ya RD)

RMack...the Bears????? LMAO!!!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

A Giants fan in Philadelphia . . . you're bold. Smart . . . but bold.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

Damn I'm gonna have to start watching football again. I took a 4 year hiatus, but I think it's time for me to return to watching sports. I was a sports junkie once.

7:40 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

ON...I always get into at least one altercation at the Linc. It goes without saying. But I still respresent NY to the fullest.

Phoenix...football needs you. Come on back~

4:21 PM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

Lawd, how did I end up here??? I guess that I got sucked in by the phrase "Are you ready for some football?" For the record, I hate both the Giants and the Steelers with passion. Anyway, mark your calendar for Oct. 23 & Dec. 3. Go Cowboys!!!!!

6:23 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

the cowboys will get a little bit of my attention but only because of that fine ass wide receiver they'll be running named Terrel Owens.

I was in the 'Burgh last football season, working on a high school football show, dating a college football coach, going to Steeler games on my days off...it was one of my best seasons ever.

I gotta get my Raiders Schedule out so I can make sure to see some home games this year and although I've been avoiding it, i guess I'll have to travel to the damn Chargers game, although I have no interest them!


Wave to Hines Ward and Antoine Randal-El for me...I love those guy!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Big Trev said...

I absolutely am ready for some football. Of course I enjoyed the post. Figured since we're the same age, same background and same loves I at least should tell you how much you have me smiling to myself since you sucked me in by the title and ended up on some pretty boy sh*t, LOL...it's all love though!

10:03 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I hope you gentlemen come back to visit my blog.

Miss Ahmad, my hubby is the real STEELERS fan. He is a psycho. He would be sooo jealous to hear of your adventures in Pittsburgh.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

RAIDERS!!!!!!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger ListenToLeon.net said...

It's all about the 'Skins! I like the Giants, but I can't root for them since they play in the same division.

Also, how come everybody calls Michael Strahan a fruitcake? How did that get started? lol

7:27 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Girl, he is Fione! I fell in love when I saw him in Letoya's video...Damn!

9:03 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Blah...I'm leaving you alone cause I know you represent Cali to the core. I ain't mad.

CG...I HATE THE EAGLES. Growing up a Giants fan, there are two teams that you just don't root for. One is the Eagles, the other is the Cowboys. LOL. It's just a rule.

Hustleman...Strahan was in the middle of a nasty divorce case this summer wher his wife claimed he was having ""relations" with Dr. Ian (his married best friend) from Celebrity Fit Club.

Dynasty...yup...foine!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home