Friday, September 08, 2006

You got questions? I got answers!

Okay...while the rest of you are straggling with the questions...I am bored at work so I will get cracking with some answers. By the time I finish answering Royce's questions, it may be time to actually go home :)

The Beautiful Ms.Dynasty asked:

What inspired you to Blog?

I was a blogger for a long time but I had a private blog. I would write lots of stuff but never published it. I stumbled across my fellow high school alumni's blog ( Mr.Dallas Penn, who was robbed for best writing in a blog) and he really inspired me to go public.

Royce's Lovely Daughter asked:


1) So ummm if there was one person that could make you creep on your husband who would it be and WHY? (answer that only if the hubbie doesn’t read this LOL!!)

My hubby DOES NOT read the blog. A woman has got to have some privacy!

The only person that would have or ever could have broken up my marriage would have been Chris, my soulmate that I blogged about before. Love of my life. Since he passed away, that won't ever happen. He was the only man that I was weak over. He had me at hello....you know? :)

For me to break up my home, separate my family and destroy the unity we have established for our children....it would take someone major. I don't open myself up to that. Once you really start entertaining those thoughts as a married person, you will be sliding down a steep hill.

But my hubby does have a phoine Frat Brother or two.....LOL

2) What’s your biggest regret?
My biggest regret is probably not taking advantage of missed opportunities. I could have gone to grad school but decided not to. I could have also saved and managed my finances better when I was younger. I could have been a real estate magnate by now.

3) What’s your biggest accomplishment?
Without a doubt, I am proudest of my children. No matter what I do or how well I do it....the greatest thing is to come home to my snotty, smiling children. If I can continue to turn them into good, strong black men...I will die a happy woman.

4) Whose your favorite hip hop artist?

The greatest mc of all time...Mr. KRS-One

"Boogie down productions is made up of teachers
The lecture is conducted from the mic into the speaker
Who gets weaker? the king or the teacher
Its not about a salary its all about reality
Teachers teach and do the world good
Kings just rule and most are never understood
If you were to rule or govern a certain industry
All inside this room right now would be in misery
No one would get along nor sing a song
cause everyone'd be singing for the king, am I wrong? !"


5) What’s your favorite food?

Thai, Sushi, Caribbean, Mexican. I love seafood and I love spicy. Caliente baby!

6) What do you most dislike about yourself?

I do too much for too many. I need to learn how to SAY NO. I take on projects like I am Bob the Builder and always get roped into doing stuff for other people. I feel good helping but damn...I need a break.

7) What do you think your husband dislikes most about you?

He wants more booty THREE TIMES A DAY if he could get it. LOL The bane of all married men.

8) What made you decide to pledge AKA and not some other sorority (yeah I’m hazing you LOL!!)

Miss Royce, hazing ain't nothing new to me :)

When I got to college, I knew that I wanted to join a sorority. All of the sisters at my predominantly European school seemed to be members of various organizations. These women were the leaders at my school. I am a BORN leader :) I went to the Schaumberg Library in Harlem and started researching each of the Organizations. After doing my homework to see what each one was about, I wanted to become an AKA. What appealed to me was that these ladies were the first organization, the originators. They have existed thus far for 98 years and the programs they have established to provide service throughout the world are amazing. There was no other choice for me after reading about those 16 founders and the spirit they had to start their organization. They didn't talk about it, they did it when it had never been done before.

All of the big eight are great organizations. I encourage folks to do their homework and find out about more than stepping and wearing letters on campus. Recognize that college is four years, these organizations are for a lifetime. They all do great things! Shouts out and much love to all my greeks on the Blog roll.

9) What’s your feeling on interracial relationships?

Love is love and I have no problem with anyone finding the "right" person for them. The one that feeds your soul and makes life worth it every morning when you wake up. I can't determine anyone else's happiness.

For me personally, black men are just beautiful, intelligent, strong and powerful. I am in love with them and that's what I chose.

10) If you could take back sleeping with one person who would it be and why?
Just one? DAMN. But I have a few, the ass.hole that cheated on me, the one that talked so much sh*t about how he was the man in bed and had a penis the size of a damn AAA battery, the DAMN, you have no skills brother that I wasted my energy on. **sigh**

The Intelligent Organized Noise Asked:

1. Under what circumstances would you stop blogging?
I pretty much blog at work. At home I am too busy. I guess if they yanked my work privileges cause Lawd knows, I always have something to say.

2. Who is your favorite blogger to read and why?
I love so many blogs for various reasons. If I had to pick one...I would say my boy Dallas Penn for inspiring me to write and actually share. He is a mad genius with a slight edge of asshole...he blogs everything from politics to ghetto stories to his inner struggles. He is a really good writer and the fact that we went to school together makes me extra proud of him.

3. What is one thing you wish you knew about your husband BEFORE you got married?

**shhh*** that he really is THAT country. DAMN.

4. What is one thing you wish he knew about you BEFORE you got married?

That I really do need cards and flowers, poetry and romance although I act like I don't. And that I am mad as hell that he can't see that for himself.

5. What is your favorite place to hang out in Philly?

I am a restaurant junkie. I love to hang out in Old City and hit up some great restaurants or lounges. Philly has GREAT restaurants. Buddkhan, Morimoto's, Alma De Cuba, The Continental....Philly is phenomenal. Come on down!!!

6. What is your current fear?

Anyone molesting my children or one of them dying.

7. In your own words, WHO IS 1969?

Superwoman. Wife, Mother, Sister, Cousin, Soror, Daughter.

The Talented Miss Robyn asked:

1. If you could send your children to a mostly WHITE school (elementary, middle or high school) or a mostly BLACK (both are good quality educational institutions.....had to put that in there) school, which would it be?

The Black school. I want them to be Kings amongst their own kind first and foremost. If the education is equal...I need them to still understand who they are, where they come from and how to be strong Black Men. They can't learn that in an all white environment.

2.Do you want more children?

Nope. The factory is closed. But a daughter would have been nice....

3.Would you be mad if your children came home with a white girl/boyfriend?

I wouldn't be angry but I would make sure they like that person for who they are and how they treat them and not just "Oh I got me a white girl!"

16 Comments:

Blogger 1969 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Cocoa...you can ask...I will always answer!

My hubby and I met at a hotel I was working in. I was the Director of Catering at the Time and he was there for an event. He kept stopping me and asking for Directions, restaurant recommendations, etc...

The last day of his conference, he invited me out for dinner. The rest is history.

We dated for two years before we got engaged. We had our little ups and downs but I think we were both really serious after about a year.

I think being Caribbean, I like our curry. Indian food is good but it's not what I am used to from home. But I love Roti and Na'an.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

my hubby does have a phoine Frat Brother or two....so what's up? can you hook a sistah up?

Awwww I enjoyed reading this soror!!! COMPLETELY! I can't wait to meet you...LOL @ being use to being hazed...girl tell me about it. And so honest and dedicated to her husband...I loved your answer...all of them actually!

KRS-One is my ALL TIME FAV TOO!!! Girl we're sisters from another mother...that's all that is!

Have a good weekend Momma...and hug those beautiful babies for me will yah!

1:33 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

RD...You can get ALL the intro's you need at the December soiree. LOL. The Que's cook in a whole section...my hubby will be more than happy to walk you down the row and provide some introductions while you get your eat on.

Only the best for my Soror.

1:38 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Cocoa...what do you know about the Continental? When you are up in Philly, let me know. Their cherry lemonade martinis are heavenly.

1:39 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Mr. Mack...

1. Intelligence
2. Confidence without Arrogance
3. Ambition
4. Well-Groomed/Clean cut
5. Well versed on a variety of topics
6. Open minded, interested in trying new things.
7. Creative
8. I like all complexions....as long as they are brown :)
9. Nice teeth and smile.
10. The shoes have to be on point.
11. Height is always good because I am 5'8.
12. Likes good music
13. Likes and Respects Women
14. Is not a total slob.
15. WIll still throw on some Timbaland's and roll through the hood with me. (No Punks)
16. Can still check me when I get out of pocket without being a total ass about it.
17. Handles his in the bedroom.
18. Loves kids and his momma
19. Can cook once in a while.
20. Recognizes my worth.

2:12 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

21. How could I forget? Spiritually grounded.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Thanks for answering my questions. I'm not stranger to Philly, but I'm no expert either. My favorite place to hang out is at the Museum of Art. I used to come down for their Friday's at 5 series. My favorite restaurant (for anything other than cheesesteaks) is Tiramisu's on 5th Street and their is this diner around the corner from the Crowne Plaza that I like too.

6:40 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

ON...I love the Art Museum too. It's such a beautiful building. When you roll through Philly, let me know!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I know I missed you...but I don't ask alot of questions in person either.

I liked you answers.

I thought you were suppose to have lunch with me...what happend to you coming to the city?

I've been to Philly once...didn't do anything...was a busted weekend. However, there are days I feel like getting away and just catching Amtrak over there...but...I haven't done it...something always ends up popping up *wink*

8:49 AM  
Blogger Nina MM said...

Just stumbling along and found my way here. Never a coincidence when I find a soror though...

Keep on writin' the good write!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Great answers!

I'm with Royce...Can I get a brother, too.

Damn! What's going down in December??? I feel left out...

8:50 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Nina...I have just found your blog. I love it! And I expect nothing less from a Soror either :)

Dynasty...Philly's Men are Cooking. Our largest Chapter Event.

www.ivylegacy.org

Let me know if you are interested.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Thanks for the information. That sounds tempting...All them Philly's Men and food...can't beat that :)

6:27 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

We average about 2,000 people. It's a great event, not limited to AKA's.

If anyone is interested, come on down!

Dynasty...you would have a ball!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home