Monday, October 23, 2006

Get me a cup of coffee...

I spent last night up with Taliban 2 until 2:30am. He cried and fussed until he finally fell asleep. Teething is not fun. So bear with me as I grab a cup of coffee and try to jump start my day.

YAWN.

Okay, where was I? Oh yeah....I think all of blogland is going on hiatus. What's up with everyone? We all seem to have writers block and need a break from each other.
I love the fact that we all need a break from folks we don't know. LOL
I hope that everyone gets the time they need. With the new position, I may be blogging less too. We'll see how it goes.

Halloween is approaching. My kids are going as Batman and Robin. Only the baby will be Batman and the Older one will be Robin. Yeah, Yeah....we thought it would make for a great picture. Mommy and Daddy like to torture the kiddies....

So Taliban 1 is currently obsessed with ALL things Halloween. I mean I watched Casper, Scooby Doo 2:Monsters Attack, Spongebob Halloween, Harry Potter...you name it, we watched it...all this weekend. He only gets to watch TV on the weekend so he tried to make up for it BIG TIME. Then during all of the scary parts he would say "Mommy are YOU scared?" Ha ha.

Are adults into Halloween? I hate to admit it but I like dressing up. We have a work party and I have won best costume twice. (First prize is $500). Last year I went as Forest Gump. I had a bench, box of chocolates, everything. People kept sitting next ti me and I would ramble on and on. One year, I went as a Christmas tree. I wore forest green clothes and strung lights all around me, ornaments, had a star on my head and carried a battery pack. They didn't know what I was until the judging when I plugged in and walked in all lit up. LOL

This year, my co-worker is going as a cow and I am going as the Butcher. Don't ask...
but I will try to post pictures. Yeah, 1969 can be a little warped. Shhhh, I really am a geek, don't tell anyone.

13 Comments:

Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

we have a ballerina dress for lil'sarccastik, we also have a halloween party...i'm trying to decide between don king or ricky williams....still haven't decided yet...i just got back from my hiatus...

6:58 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I say Don King!!!!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

I'm gonna be that famous fighter. I think his name is Ike Turner.

KZ

7:36 AM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

man, I haven't even got my kids customes yet...I need to hurry up huh? Wow you're creative with the costumes..$500 wow!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Last year I went as the devil. Sexy dress, red cape, horns and a pitchfork. This year I think my friend and I are going to go as Paris & Nicole since they've reunited as friends again. Lol. Love your costume ideas!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Torture your poor kids..lol The butcha huh..Hey!I have an idea..before you got to work drees up in your costume and scare the shit out of your husband while he's taking shower...lol

9:48 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Slish...I love it. If I scare him, I will need to film it.

9:55 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i think i've only dressed up as the devil for halloween, different versions same theme, but that's been years.

no one time me and my boy dressed up like Terminator and the chic from T3, we had on lots of leather it was hot.

this year i'll probably be on the road.

my blog haitus might be related to the fact that it's like 85 degrees in LA and I spent yesterday at the beach....

10:26 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I LOVE Halloween! I watch all the specials on tv. I think it stems from my Abuelo making it like the best holiday ever. Then, when I was engaged years ago, I used to do up the holidays for my ex's son. We always had a blast, carving pumpkins, decorating, dressing up, going to different harvest/halloween community events and watching the specials while having a picnic on the living room floor. You're not warped. You're creative!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Halloween....ba-hum-bug!

1:53 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Miss Blah...wrong holiday...LOL

1:55 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I'm with Blah. I'm not a big fan of Halloween. . . How many shopping days left until Christmas?

6:46 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

Although I love to see the kids dress up for halloween, I am a big Christmas fan!

I am having a Halloween brunch this weekend for my family, just so I can see the kids and spend time with my family at the same time. We should have a good time.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home