Friday, October 13, 2006

Freaky Friday

Today is Friday the 13th. To me, it's just another day. To some folks....they need to be extra cautious.

The interviewing process is done and I am waiting to hear. I did find out that another co-worker has also posted for the job. They need to run her through the interview process also. She's a good candidate as well...although I have more experience. Hey, the best person will get it. I laugh in the face of competition HA HA! No decision until mid to late next week. I'll keep everyone posted and thanks for the positive vibes!

On a different note, I have come to grips with the fact that my body is no longer the high metabolism fat burning machine that it used to be. I used to eat and eat and never gained an ounce.

Two babies and 37 years and my metabolism is shut down. I am not out of shape due to my love of the gym. I work out regularly but I do know that I could be so much better if I stopped eating donuts!

I need to start eating healthier. It's great to workout but I have had the mentality that I can eat what I want because I know I will burn it off. I am starting to figure out that I need to eat to be HEALTHIER and live longer.

***Sigh,**** I need a lifestyle change......

8 Comments:

Blogger Miz JJ said...

Waiting to hear back on a job drives me nuts. Good luck!

If you want to start to eat healthier take baby steps. Start by eating one healthy snack, or meal. And never cut out what you love. Everything in moderation. Even donuts!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH I feel ya- After being a size 7 for years. I had my child and it's been downhill ever since. I am wearing a size 10 and have been struggling for the last two years to get back into a 7:(
It is not working....

8:11 AM  
Blogger Drea said...

Oh my, I have been a size 6 for as long as I can remember and I have now gained about 10 pounds which takes me up to a size 8 in some clothes and still a 6 in others. I am not happy!

My metabolism is out of the window, too and I refuse to stop eating what I like to eat (junk food). I only live once. But I want to live life and still look good, too. What's a woman to do?

My junk food now goes straight to my behind and hips causing some of my jeans to refuse to come up past my thighs. I just can't have that!

I started going back to the gym again and I love it but I am thinking that may just prevent me from adding any more pounds and toning what I have now. I need to get rid of the 10 pounds. Some say 10 pounds isn't much but it does make a difference depending on where it goes. Why it never goes to my boobs is a mystery to me???

I like miz jj's advice, everything in moderation, I will see if that works.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Glad you are still confident about the job after the interview process is over. Good luck and don't worry about the other candidate. Stay focused on presenting the best "you" that you can present and everything else will take care of itself.

10:28 AM  
Blogger G. Mo said...

Awwww maaaaan... the donuts, I feel ya!!! Morning pastries are one of my problems now. I was real good for a while with eating granola bars, fruit leather and healthy things like that. But lately the blueberry cake and strawberry frosted glazed donuts have had my name on their morning roll call. Sometimes I make my own blueberry muffins, but those are just as bad.

Hell, at 34 I sure as hell don't have pounds dropping off me either. It might help if I went to the gym more than once a week though... lol.

Best of luck on the job situation and have a good weekend.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

I am hoping for the BEST with the job sit'chi'a-hun :-)

Whatever happens it's for a reason and the BEST will come! Good luck girlie!

1:48 PM  
Blogger African girl, American world said...

Lawd..the 30s are unkind. I just hit 30 and welcomed 10 pounds that I can't shake. I'm like you, love to work out but I guess it is time to make food changes. Maybe one day I'll see size 10 again :(

Good luck with the job!!

http://abeautifulmess.bloggoing.com

10:27 AM  
Blogger lovelyjd said...

i will be turning 30 in a few short months and chile...my stuff has slowed all the way down. i got into a relationship 2 years ago and I have put on 15 pounds since! I have started to hit the gym hard in the past month or so...but that weight doesn't drop off like it used...damn shame.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home