Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I Confess....

Last night I was at the Justin Timberlake concert. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.
I got free tickets from my job, so a whole crew of us went for free in the skybox suite. I am never one to pass up a free ticket.

Pi.nk was the opening act. Since she's from Doylestown, PA...she's pretty much a Philly girl. So the crowd showed her some love. She was actually good. Her body is amazing and at one point, she was hanging upside down from the ceiling like a Cirque du Soleil act. I have a newfound respect for her. I just don't think her songs are that great, but she can sing.

JT was great. The kid has style. He can dance, plays the piano and guitar and put on a heck of a show. The staging was incredible. Very futuristic/high tech.

But the best part of the show was the 30 minute interlude where Timbaland comes out and breaks down the history of pop music from Michael Jackson to Nine Inch Nails. The beats were incredible. (sidenote....Tim needs to lose a few pounds)

All in all. It was a good show. The free Bacardi and pineapple juice was pretty good too. :)

The best part of the night was people watching. Nothing funnier than Europeans dressed for a concert. I saw more H.A.M's (Hot azz messes) than I could even count.
I lost track of the official HAM tally. LOL

And we tried to count Brown folks....I saw at least 50. And they knew all of the words to the songs. WOW.

Anyway, if you want to check Mr. Timber.lake out, do so....he put on a good show.

PEACE!

10 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

LOL I didn't make it when he was here in DC but a few of my students did and I got the play by play of the event LOL

Depends on what Pink song.. I like her music.. but she can be really angry LOL

glad u got ya FUN on!

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out if I need to revoke your "BK Hood" membership for going to a JT concert. Seeing how the tickets were free, I guess I can let it slide....but this is your warning. Next time you do some sh*t like that, you gotta serve time!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I would go if I got free tickets as well. Love that you lost track of all the H.A.Ms.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

I'll let you slide on this because the tickets were "free"! Glad you had a good time!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

I know I know your about to disown me. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things but my plate is full of shyt right now LOL!! But I'm still here...I plan to post later (hopefully)

As for J.T. I have to admit I have all his CDs...I love the boy. He has so much talent. Yeah Timb needs to stop eating for a year or two but he has an awesome musical ear.

I'm going to see Jamie Fox tonight...and I think he's the biggest cornball there is but he is so funny to me. Holla atcha later Big Sis!!!

Roycee

9:39 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

I'm so jealous. JT is alright by me. And Pink is so defiant. I like that she does her own thing.

2:04 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

My cousins actually went to go see him the other night, as he was up here in Boston. They said they enjoyed the show. And then one of my coworkers got to chat with him briefly at this club in town afterward.

Yeah, I knew Pink could sing. I just wish she had better material. I've always been a fan of her body. She could do those G.I. J.ane type movies.

Timberlake is my guilty pleasure. LOL

2:40 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

LOL @ the HAM count.

Can't say I blame you for going w/ the freebie...They were free, right???? LOL

2:50 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i love me some JT and I proud of it. I keep his CD in heavy rotation in my car, I can't really lie. I'm not mad at you for the concert. My boy's company had a box for the show and to tell you the truth I was mad that I was out of town.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Still Patrice said...

cough*I'm a JT fan*cough

checking to see when he'll be in my hood. :)

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home