Monday, July 23, 2007

Refocusing My Efforts

There is a lot going on at work right now. For my department, we are in the middle of our busiest time of year. All of this while I am still trying my best to learn this job. Coming from a Sales and Marketing background and stepping into the world of revenue is not easy.

I made this move to 1) Get the Title 2) Gain the Revenue Experience & Knowledge and 3) Learn an entirely new aspect of the Business. Was this the job for me? I can honestly say no. I am a people person. Sales is where I belong. However, I am doing my best to master all aspects of this job before I plan on jumping ship.

October will be a year in the position. I plan on doing two and then exploring my options. So far, I am learning but some of the projects make me feel like I am in way over my head.

Therefore, I plan on refocusing my efforts to tackle the tasks I have yet to master. I refuse to lose. As the only Black person in the Region with my job.....I have to carry that responsibility and make us all look good. I know the Haters want me to fail but....it ain't gonna happen.

I am on the job.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Lee said...

I'm rooting for you, Nineteen. You can do it!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Lady, if anyone can do it, you can. You've never struck me as someone that can't handle a challenge. Kick that job's butt!

10:28 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

"I refuse to lose."

AMEN!!! You are unstoppable.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Cross-training can be a wonderful thing. I hated changing responsibilites back in the day now I can see a bigger picture. I get the process better. I am sure this will only improve what you love to do.

10:59 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

I hear ya! Let em know what time it is!

Almost two years ago I changed jobs, same large department but different administration and totally different work. Previously I had been doing the same type work for 20 years. Quite a few times I wanted to jump ship. But I came over here for more money and to do something different. I guess I got what I asked for. So everytime I sit in a meeting confused and still struggling to understand just what the hell all these daggone acronyms mean, I tell myself that I have to show these folks that this old dog can learn new tricks. Or can a least pull some old tricks out of her hat! Ha!

Change is good, moving out of your comfort zone is good. Enjoy the challenge!

I have a quote pinned on my board in my office, I have no idea who the author is.
"There is pain in change and there is pain in staying the same. Pick the one that moves you forward"

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

do it do it do it do it!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Nikita T. Mitchell said...

Get em Girl!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger BK said...

YOU CAN DO IT MA!!!!


Gawd when you read my post for today you gone laugh!!!! ;)

5:13 AM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

Get it Girl!!

You got this!!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home