Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Hotel Chronicles

I had a lead one day for a convention. It was called the P.AF-C.ON. Of course, I had never heard of this meeting so I decided to google it and low and behold....I learned something new.

See, I used to book National Association groups. In my ten years in Sales, I have learned that there is a convention for everything under the sun. If you are into it, there are some folks that have a National Club dedicated to it.

Everything from NA.FA (the National Association for F.at Acce.ptance) who enjoy being larger than life and beautiful, to the World S.cience F.iction folks who revel in wearing Science Fiction costumes as grown ups. I think part of my tolerant nature is the fact that I come into contact with so many different groups of people at work.

So anyway, I start to google and find out that this group actually does exist. This conference is dedicated to P.lush.ies and F.urr.ies. If you don't know what they are...these are groups of individuals who like to dress up as either fu.rry animals or characters (like human sized mascot costumes). They call it F*urry F*andom.



There is even a portion of the Pl.ushies that engages in se.xual activity while in costume. Yes....they dress up like their animal and then have governing rules for mating. Like, dressed up dogs can't get with anyone dressed like cats. No cross breeding. While reading up on this stuff, I felt that I had learned entirely TOO MUCH. Needless to say, we chose not to bid on the convention.

I don't understand the group's motivation but I do respect the fact that these souls have found each other and are probably overall, very happy folks. They meet up with their friends once a year and have a great time. Doesn't mean I plan on donning an Easter Bunny suit anytime soon....but hey, different strokes for different strokes. And in my business, we just want heads in beds... even if they are a little fluffy.

19 Comments:

Blogger onefromphilly said...

There was actually an episode of CSI that featured these folks. LOL

Somebody was killed at their convention after the big hump fest. I say hump-fest because that's all I could imagine they could do is hump each other in those big furry outfits. WOW

11:41 AM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Ok, wait...this is REAL?
Like, registration fee, real???

11:48 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

It is real....you can google and read up on it. I am telling you, nothing can shock me anymore.

12:05 PM  
Blogger BK said...

ROTFLMAO.. I come out of interviewing and check you before I head home and LMAO!!!!

gawd.. not the flurries doe!!!!!

LOL @ onefromphilly!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Hilarious!

LOL @ not bidding for the convention. I'm calling PETA about your discriminatory practices. :o)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

No cross-breeding...

Yeah. Stuck on that one...

12:54 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Ms. Lee...I swear...when I read up on that? The cross breeding? I was floored. So a skunk and a pig would never mate. But a racoon and a fox can get busy. Very interesting indeed. And I was curious to ask if they stay dressed to get busy or if they take the stuff off.....but then again, I didn't want to know. LOL

And we reserve the right to refuse any group or individual if they compromise the experience of the other guests. Over the weekend when we are full of families and kids? Uh....nope. Not a good look.

12:59 PM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

"We just want heads in bed." I think Zed would also concur. *LOL* I may be in the wrong profession. Can't wait to read other Hotel Chronicles. *Hint*

2:04 PM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

That's what you call people with waay too much time on their hands. And too much money. Goodness.

BTW, I tagged you. Come by to find out what for. :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Uh Pro...what Zed actually wants is HEAD in bed...not Heads. LOL

Liz...I am coming to visit!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if they're fluffy huh? That was quite interesting...

7:38 PM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

You had me at NAFA. Wow! LOL! I can't 6.9. I just can't!!! LOL!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

So does that mean there are not gay furries? LOL.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl we do a story on them every year when they come to pittsburgh. I LOVE IT!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I am DYING LAUGHING over here!! I just shared this with my whole office suite! LMMFAO!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, PAFCon is a fictional convention that appeared in a CSI episode, "Fur and Loathing". While there are real conventions, the fictional representation on CSI was just that - fictional, with all the made-up baggage that comes with it.

http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/PafCon

You declined to bid on an imaginary convention from a fictional tv show. Great research, good job.

1:02 PM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

"Contrair Monfraire" ... It will most definitely need to read "heads" in that there will be the she-head that's giving and the two heads receiving it - the one the man thinks with and the other that drives him NOT to think.

Can I stand corrected and understood?

Love a friendly debate :D

Pro

3:17 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Anonymous...thanks for the info. I wouldn't dream of putting the "real" name of the convention on my blog so as not to attract anonymous wierdos who may be into dressing up like animals. But I see you've done extensive research into the subject matter :)

Best believe, I am aware of several of these conferences and they are real events.

Thanks for the comment. If you would like a link to the real conference, let me know and I can even give you a contact name and number.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sha Boogie said...

Get the fugg outta here, what?!..lol That is some str8 madness right there...{{shaking my head}}

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home