Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday Ramblings

Can I confess something? One of my favorite bloggers was out of the office on a well-deserved vacation last week. Can I tell you how many times I needed to call that fool to discuss some blog craziness? Bloggers have drama!!!!! To my blog BFF, I am so glad you and the Fam had a nice week off.....but your homie in Philly missed yo azz. No more time off until Thanksgiving, Okay? LOL

This month is going to be interesting, in addition to work kicking my behind....literally, I am stepping up my workout intensity. I woke up yesterday and today and ran **drumroll please** OUTSIDE. For sometime, I have been able to run my 2.5 to 3 miles inside the gym on a treadmill. Well, in order for me to do the 5k in October...I have to learn to run outdoors. Well I did two miles outside. Huge accomplishment. In addition, I was rocking some short runners shorts and a tanktop and my old behind almost picked up about five guys while running :)

We took the Tali's to the pool yesterday and now I am burnt. I swear I was wearing Sunblock the whole time. This sun is no joke....cover up people.

And last but not least, today, August 5th, is my wedding anniversary. 7 YEARS. Whew.
It ain't easy but we made it another year. Tonight, grown folks fun.........champagne.......fine dining............. and the rest is censored.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

14 Comments:

Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

Way to go with the workout...you've inspired me to get up off my rear and go jog on the path at the park. And, congratulations on the anniversary! Hope y'all have a lovely day today.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I am stepping up my work out routine as well. Good luck on the 5k.

I got burnt once. In Trinidad. I was playing mas and I wore no sunscreen. On the tuesday I when I had to go out again I was already peeling. Not cute. My cousins were calling me white girl.

Happy anniversary. Here's to many more! Enjoy your day.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Still Patrice said...

Happy 7th year Anniversary!!!
Wishing you guys many many more, filled with happiness!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

LOL @ shorts and tank picking up guys...You always had it girl!! ;oD

Happy Anniverary and many more joyful years together!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Happy Anniversary. I wish you both 7 more happy years together.

1:31 PM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me run from nuttin but danger. :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Shai said...

Happy Anniversary!

5:57 AM  
Blogger BK said...

Happy Anniversary to you and mr. 1969!!!!

congrats on stepping it up and taking it outside!!! *hope you had on a hat*

LOL @ the pickup girl I know that made ya day!!!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Pretty Primadonna said...

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! :-)

6:46 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Hope you had a Happy Anniversary!!!

Good luck with your running. I come out and cheer you on....from my nice comfortable folding chair with the umbrella... ella, ella ,ella, ehh, ehh LMAO
Sorry I don't know where that came from! LOL

7:21 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you guys had a great time (and that Mr. 1969 made up for the b'day)!

*huggs*

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late but....Happy Anniversary!

I can't wait to get my knee fixed so I can run again. August 20th cannot come fast enough!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Dondasaurus Rex said...

I've never done anything for 7 years so CONGRATULATIONS!!! THat is SUPER impressive

6:33 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

HAPPY ANN'Y!!! you are no joke! i can barely run a mile! i can walk really fast, tho. does that count? no? so what!!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home