Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Hotel Tales

It had been a long week and I was on duty for the 6th day in a row. I was working in a Hotel in Harrisburg, PA. The convention checking in was Lyttle People of America.

So needless to say, our guests were "vertically challenged". We made lots of special arrangements like having steps placed at the front desk counter so they could reach check-in, etc...

As they arrived, it was kind of cool. So many people that were happy to see other people just like themselves. Finally, they were a majority and they were genuinely thrilled.

The convention was going well....I stopped in to check out their guest speaker. He was one of the Lollipop Kids from the original Wizard of Oz. The only one left alive. He was old....I mean old.....but he was signing Wizard of Oz memorabilia and other stuff.

So it seemed like a typical conference. Until that first night's reception.

Lyttle people like to get CRUNK. These dudes and dudettes were toasted. They drank up a storm and of course, ended up extremely drunk. Several people passed out. We had to call an ambulance for two people and the evening turned out to be quite hectic.

When we finally got most of the folks out of the Ballroom, we started cleaning up. We cleared all of the dishes off the tables and started breaking things down for the night. As your girl, 1969 starts pulling tablecloths off the rounds....I end up catching two individuals getting their groove on underneath the table. WTF?

"Uh....excuse me folks....the party is over....and I am sure you can continue this in your rooms upstairs"

"Just give me a minute" says my lyttle friend.

So you know what? My tired azz covered the table and told him to take his time.

1969 is for the children.

22 Comments:

Blogger DurtyMo said...

LMBAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ummm wasn't the daddy from the show Little.People.Big.World arrested for DUI this week? LOL@ 69 is for the children.. HILARIOUS!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Minerva Exertion said...

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger BK said...

OMG.. OMG OMG.. good googly moo!!!!

girl you ain't cover them back up!!! SHUT UP!!!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha!
I can just imagine how tired you were..
tell them to clean up and put the table cloth in the pile when they finished.. LMAO

7:27 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

LOL @ him asking for more time and you covering him them back up!Priceless!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

ROFLMAO . . . I'm not mad at you for covering them back up. I can see you, in your best DL Hughley from Kings of Comedy saying "y'all keep the party goin'".

8:32 AM  
Blogger Sha Boogie said...

My boss just asked me if I was ok because I was laughing so hard..lol, great.

That is a MESS!!!! But, hilarious non the less.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHHAAHAH

That's all I could do LOL

9:13 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAA!!

I am DYING over here at them getting their junk off at the table!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAA!!

The vision alone is cracking me the HECK UP!!!!! LOL

I woulda snatched him offa her (or vice versa...cause I am SURE you could do it with one hand) and would have said "Umm... EXCUSE ME...this sight before my eyes is TOO MUCH, so I.SAID...take this teeny-weeny party back to yo rooms!"

LOL

WOOOO!!! this made my day! LMBAO!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ninety Sixty Nine-

I'd love to send you a detailed message here, but since this is public, I'll keep it brief.

Would you be interested in writing a column for an e-magazine? If you want to know more, please e-mail me at kc@blackisonline.com and check us out at www.blackisonline.com. Thanks!

KC Lehman
BLACK IS

10:31 AM  
Blogger Nexgrl said...

Can you bless us with one 'classic hotel story' per week? I think we would all enjoy your take on the industry.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Pretty Primadonna said...

You never fail to have me cracking up on the job. 1969 is for the children... classic. :-)

11:33 AM  
Blogger dc_speaks said...

ok..since I am brand new to your blog today via who knows...I'd like to thank you for that story that will haunt my dreams tonight.

hahahahahahah....good Lord...you are hilarious.

I will be back. nice to cyber meet your blog.

peace

12:49 PM  
Blogger dc_speaks said...

by the way...that is also the year of my birth so...I am loving the name!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

I'm with the the "nxgirl" and I selfishly want a hotel heartbreak story a week. You know, for the children. Ha!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

omg!!! but i really thought you were just being a jerk when you said the lollipop guild!!! the hilarity!!! THEN you covered the table... done. DONE!!

2:26 PM  
Blogger ChezNiki said...

LMBBAO!

6:34 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Just wanted to welcome DC Speaks...maybe now I can come visit your blog. Anyone born in 69 is cool with me :)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

What? LMAO! I would have screamed if I saw that. Daaaamn. That is too funny.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1969 is for the children. BWAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

A'ight ODB.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

LMBAO!! I can't believe you just covered them back up!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

LMAO!!!

That did it!!! HA!! :oD

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home