Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's a wrap

For me, the Summer is officially over. Back to re-focusing on the rest of the year.
All of my activities and personal committments reconvene and I have to dust the Wonder Woman crown off and get ready to leap tall buildings and save the universe.

Next Monday, my big Tali goes back to school. My sorority meetings enjoyed a nice summer break but we are off our hiatus and I will be chairing a few new committees.

Work starts to get busier, more projects due as we start to focus on 2008. I also have projects to do at home that fell by the wayside months ago.

Sometimes, I need to feel like I am under pressure because then I will actually get things done. You know, that college feeling. Like when you waited all semester and slacked off and then had to pull an all-nighter to hand in that last minute paper that was like 70% of your grade? LOL

I think I thrive under pressure and deadlines. I really should be more proactive with my life. However, when I do plan something, my plans always get cast aside by some unscheduled turn of events. I now leave well enough alone and just prepare for the onslaught.

No real post today...just feeling the turn of the tides as fall approaches. Hope you enjoyed a great Labor Day weekend.

8 Comments:

Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

"Like when you waited all semester and slacked off and then had to pull an all-nighter to hand in that last minute paper that was like 70% of your grade? LOL"

Of course!...but are you saying this is the WRONG way? *making mental notes for this semester* lol

7:00 AM  
Blogger BK said...

LMAO.. girl I got the same feeling this weekend!!!

getting on my GRIND.. not just for work but for LIFE lol

It's like all the practices kick back in, tournaments, competitions, dance competitions, etc.. PLUS the deadlines for work, planning etc.. its just so much..

LOL @ the paper that was 70% of ya grade.. Ummm I remember being in the LAB all damn night and damn near lost it when I thought I lost my paper!!!! lol

girl just remember.. Control + Save.. lol it will get us through!

7:02 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Wise...My finest writing took place during those all nighters. LOL

BK...exactly....soccer next weekend, tennis lessons....it's all back...*sigh*

7:27 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

ohhhh I'm such a slacker til its a day or two before my deadline..sometimes I just let it all pile up so for 2 days i'll be so busy no phone calls, no internet..no nuffin..but I work better under stressed and over worked...good luck with all your projects and WW duties, got your bracelets and lasso??...you'll conquer it all...except of course the tears of big Tali going back to school! *wink*

7:40 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Superhero Mothers Unite!!! lol
You're Wonder Woman
I'll be Storm

We CAN conquer this school year, get projects done at work, have a social and civic life and make the world a safer place!

Ok...I'm off to go get my cape and shinny catsuit out of the cleaners.... LMAO

11:24 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

"Like when you waited all semester and slacked off and then had to pull an all-nighter to hand in that last minute paper that was like 70% of your grade? LOL"

Um, I can relate all too well. LOL.

But somehow we pull it off. Magnificently, I might add!

1:04 PM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

I'm just like you...much better under pressure. LOL!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

Yes I definitely get more done when I have more things I have to do! The irony right?

I so am not ready for fall and it doesn't get cool here until like November! So I am hanging onto summer as long as I can!! :oD

I have lots to still knit up! Haha!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home