Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Big Brother is Here.


Today is gonna be one of those days at work. You know the kind where a whole lot of ass kissing is about to take place? Phony-ness a-plenty?

Our five Regionals Sales VP's are in the building. At lunchtime, each of the Sr. Acct Exec's (me included) have to do a 20 minute presentation on the state of our markets. Trends, Strategies to Grow Business, Obstacles, etc.

Our Director of Sales only came to us yesterday to tell us we each had to present today. WTF?

So last night, I came home, played with the kids, fed them, gave them baths, put them to bed, went to the gym for an hour and came home to work on my presentation until about 1am. Such is the life of an everday Superwoman.

Do you ever amaze yourself at all of the stuff you can accomplish in one day? Yesterday was one of those days. I used to be a lazy teenager. I loved school but I could lounge around the house doing nothing for hours. You know, spend an entire day in my pajamas. I haven't slept past 6am in forever. When did this happen to me?

I guess my life changed when I had my sons. No more sleeping late. No more doing what I wanted. My life began to revolve around these little people who looked to me for guidance, love and entertainment. My husband and I realized that our lives (and fun) had to take a back seat to raising these children. It really is a sacrifice. For all of you with no clue....let me clarify it for you.....parenthood will kick your a$$. It is not for the weak of mind, heart or spirit. If you are gonna be a half-assed parent, don't do it. Wait until you are ready. Our kids deserve more.

When I have days like today where I work 10 hours, come home to cook, clean, play, do homework, be a wife, be mommy and still try to work in an hour of me-time somewhere....I think of this and know that all of the sacrifices are worth it.


It ain't easy. They cost a lot. They are messy. They will break everything valuable in your house. They eat a lot. They sometimes scream at the top of their lungs for no reason. They will embarass you in public. They tend to climb and jump on your new leather sectional sofa. They attempt to stick wet fingers in sockets. They throw matchbox cars and Thomas trains into the fishbowl so that little "Goldie" will have something to drive. They tell you that hitting your kids is "NOT NICE" and only "MEAN MOMMIES" do that. They like to write on walls with sharpies instead of their washable crayola markers......but all in all....they truly are God's gifts.

Mommy does it all for you boys.







7 Comments:

Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I know what you mean...I have two boys... Now they are teenagers...I remember those days when they were little like yours....
I can take a deep sigh, they ran my butt...literally.

Them there boys...cute as...heck...lol
*tryna keep it PG rated...lol

10:50 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

First can I have one of them..I mean you got two...I just want one...either one will do cause they are friggin ADORABLE!!! I have never seen two more handsome little boys...BEAUTIFUL!! You done good mommy!!!

Awwwww I don't think I want kids but seeing yours makes me momentarily have second thoughts about that. My sister has her first child (my niece) on Friday...i'm on delivery room duty so maybe seeing her come into this world will change my perspective...that's what my parents hope.

Thanks for sharing the pictures...Ok if you won't give me one to have as my own at least let me marry one in about 20 years LOL!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Thanks for the compliments.

RD

If I gave you one you would be dropping them right back at my house within two hours. We don't call those mugs the Taliban for nothing!

(But they are cutie pies!)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

You got some cute kids.

Raise some good ones to offset the evil little bastards I'm gonna have!

KZ

1:41 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

@ zed

You are gonna have two daughters with big breast and ass. That'll teach you! (Their names will be Diamante and Remy Alize)

@ Dee

Thanks for hanging. I shudder when I think of them as teenagers. My oldest is a mack already. He has all of the girls in daycare trying to kiss him goodbye every evening. HUSSIES. I am not ready to come home and find him in the crib with any hoochies. LOL

6:46 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

@ Cocoa

Thanks for checking me out! The little one is a lot to eat. He's got rolls on his legs. Like a ham hock.

Enjoy your 20's. I didn't have any kids till I was 32 and I am so glad. You have to be ready to give some things up. Wait until you are really ready. You have a pet? I may need a picture.

1:55 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Not the pet in pearls? I love it!

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home