Friday, July 14, 2006

The Phone Call

I was in NYC for work this past Tuesday and Wednesday. I was walking down 7th avenue when I answered my phone. My mom was on the line. She told me that she had gone to the Doctor and they found something. She has a mass the size of a four month old fetus in her uterus.

She has to go in for testing next week and after that, we will have more information. It felt like one of those moments in a movie. Everything stopped and all I could hear was her voice.

I am trying very hard not to get anxious until we know exactly what we are dealing with but still...it's my mom.

5 Comments:

Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

What took me so long to come through? Girl I'm a lazy procrastinating so and so...and I've been drinking which means I remember all the shit that I been meaning to do and I'm actually motivated to do it.

Ok so I haven't read anything of yours yet...just came straight to the comments. Let me check you out...but THANKS for always looking in on me...I promise to do the same from now on...

7:38 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Shit...I wish I hadn't read this!

Ok so we gone think positive...I wish I wasn't half drunk. Ok so I'm gone ask GOd for forgiveness for being drunk and then I am going to ask him to send the angels of perfect health to cover your mother. WE WILL NOT CLAIM THIS!!! She will be fine...

Girl my prayers will be strong and continuous for your mother and your entire family...

7:41 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

RD...not only did you come through but you brought some prayers with you. God is good.

Thank you and thank you some more!

Oh yeah...drunk prayers work too! :)

3:11 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Sorry to hear about your mother. Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

Sort of a bad way to find out though. It reminds me of the day I found out my mother had been hit by a car. I was walking down Fulton Street when my cousin called me. I broke down and cried right there in the middle of the street.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Happy thoughts and much prayer directed to Mrs. 1969 momma.

Keep us updated and I pay all will be well.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home