Monday, July 17, 2006

Random Thoughts for a Hot Monday Morning

Thanks to everyone that posted well wishes and prayers for my mom. Basically, she has an unknown mass in her uterus, tomorrow she will have testing done and we will then have a better idea of what we are dealing with. I am not going to will anything into fruition. I will just hold off on having a breakdown until I know exactly what we are dealing with.

*******************

Did anyone see the Mets game? Sorry Cubs fans but we spanked your behinds. I know...that's not saying much...LOL. But damn, two grand slam home runs in one inning? I am getting that 1986-87 Mets vibe all over again. YA GOTTA BELIEVE!

*******************

Corinne Bailey Ray....why is everyone hyping this chick up? I am soooo not feeling her at all. Then I saw her wanna be Billie Holiday-esque, Color Purple video and I was totally turned off.
If anyone can tell me why I should like her and her cd, I am all ears.

*******************

My 20 year high school reunion is next year. DAMN. I may be old, but I still look good. (Modesty has never been one of my strong points) I can't wait to see everyone. Who fell off, who blew up. I loved my High School and still do.

*******************

What's up with this NE Heat Advisory? I like the hot weather but 102 degrees in a suit every day is not fun. I wish I worked in one of those "casual" and "creative" environments. Nope, I am rocking the pinstripes right now. You know when it's so hot, the lining in your suit is stuck to your arms and back kinda hot? UGH!

********************

I went jogging on Sunday morning and I decided to take my 4 year old son, Taliban #1. (We call our boys the Taliban....they tend to destroy everything in their paths). So we get to the track. He's in the middle, playing soccer and I am jogging. Some older gentleman is jogging next to me and telling me how my son reminds him of his grandson. Well T#1 comes running up and says to the man....."I HAVE A DADDY!" So we both start laughing and then he says "Mommy, is he a stranger?" Needless to say, when I got home and shared that with my husband, T#1 got the Daddy high five for "being on his job" and "keeping Mommy in line". Hmph....he better be that diligent when Daddy goes out....

9 Comments:

Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

sorry to hear about your mamma!

corrine baily rae is being pushed hard by capital records but they're not doing anything for my boy van hunt is arguably the best concert i've seen in years! that pisses me off.

I work in one of those creative enviroments and when it's 100 degrees it's still too hot for anything!

your boys sound awesome!

7:41 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Miss Ahmad...

Corrine's cd's are in Star.buck's, they show her video five times a day on BET J, Soul Sessions, etc...
I mean why the hype? I am not up on Van Hunt. I did like the single he had but I thought he was trying too hard to be Prince. I may have to revisit his CD until my future 2nd husband's cd comes out....MAXWELL.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Mets were HOT. I was all things Oakland before I moved to NYC...and even now...speak ill of my RAIDERS and I'm liable to catch a case...but I have become a major Mets fan this year. Looking into buying season tickets nxt year. Best seats are at the rightfield foul post...

The boys were here a month ago; walking down the street I had one son on each side of me...mean muggin' any man that gazed to long at my beauty (Yea, I'm like you...lol)... Messin' up ALL my game yo

8:12 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Blah...you're a football fan too?
I am straight psychotic during football season. LOL

The only Raider I ever loved was Marcus Allen. Although he had a fondness for pink toed women...he was a fine motha back in the day!

I am a diehard Giants fan (who roots for the Steelers in the AFC) ...LOL.

I bet your boys were keeping the men at bay. Is that what I have to look forward to when they get older?

8:19 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I'm with you. It feels like '86 again. Mets in first place, Red Sox in first place. If only the Angels and Astros can get their act together . . .

I have no idea who Corinne Bailey Ray is. . .

My 10 year high school reunion was last month. Very depressing. A reality check I wasnt really expecting. . .

It only made it to 94 here in NYC today. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse. . .

5:17 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

@ miss ahmad . . . I saw Van Hunt earlier this year when he opened for Anthony Hamilton and Heather Headley. Liked him so much I brought the album the next day.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

I listened to Corrines Cd..I only like 2 tracks..Her voice is not the greatest..She is cute though could be the reason why they are pushing her..Erykah Badu better come out with some new shit and kick ms corrine to the curb..lol

8:49 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

*Dead* @ you calling the kids Taliban 1 and 2...FUNNY!!!

I been sick with some kinda stomach virus so I got a lot of reading to catch up on

12:20 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

RD..

some kinda virus = bad wine hangover :)

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home