Saturday, March 03, 2007

For the Lovers Only

This ain't for the ones
That just love for fun
That just love and run
that just hold the gun
This is for
Those that bleed


It's easy to forget when you are busy. When you are in the boardroom, or chasing kids, it's easy to block it out. When you're wrapped in your husband's arms, the memories get blocked out too.

Sometime's there are night's like this. The quiet nights when the kids are asleep and the husband is out of town. When my world slows down and I'm left with nothing but my thoughts. My heart.

The memories come flooding back. The laughter, the love, the loss overwhelms me.
I sip a glass of wine, look at pictures, listen to the songs that form the soundtrack to the beautiful movie we could have made. The one where we rode off into the sunset, happily ever after.

this is only
For Lovers only
lovers only
Strictly for the lovers only
Who are lost and lonely


I remember us. I remember you. I remember every single detail with the clarity of a child.

It's only when I'm alone that I allow the memories to catch up to me. I allow myself the time to miss you. Will there ever be enough time?

Ever since the way you looked at me
love is not a want
love is now a need

This is if you want to hold me
Or for lovers only



Time is supposed to heal all wounds. I just can't give myself the time. I belong to someone else, I have responsibilities that need my attention. I keep running. Making myself busy.

I have to keep busy. I don't have time to stop for pain.

Strictly for the lovers only
Who are lost and lonely

For the Lovers Only-Maxwell

9 Comments:

Blogger Virtuous said...

Wow........
Those quiet moments will mess ya up every now and then.
I get it

V

6:20 PM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

*Big Hug* I know about those "quiet moments"... I have those quite often. This would be a night that I would get one of his shirt that still has his cologne on it and sleep in it and on his pillow so I'll feel even closer. Just stay busy... he'll be back soon.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Quiet moments. I loathe them for the power they have over moments that should have long been forgotten... *sigh. I feel you.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I had one of those moments lately. I wrote a two part story about it. Just crazy. I think it is the time of year.

11:50 AM  
Blogger BK said...

*hugs* girl.. that brought TEARS to my eyes.. I think we all have one of those.. in some way..

5:39 PM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

I was thinking about the ones that got away a couple of days ago. Then I thought about the ones I actually got. All in all, my life came out alright. I know yours has.

KZ

5:30 AM  
Blogger sunshine said...

WOW! Girl you are taking me back...

12:34 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

This is why we are sisters...beyond the sorority...beyond this blog. NO we have yet to meet personally (and we dayum sure need to fix that) but until then I can say with all confidence that I already know who you are...you and I could almost be the same. We get it...each other.

I know that this isn't about your husband...but it also isn't about some randon man who has your heart. This is about the kind of love that transcends this world...about how even in death his soul still lives deep within all that you are. Everything you are is because you and he once were.

My heart hurts reading this because not one day goes by when I don't remember what it was to love and be loved by him...and even in death his soul lives deep within all that I am. Everything that I am is because he and I once were.

I'm with you on this big sis...but glory be to God for we know that one day we will reunite with them and the sun will finally shine for all of eternity.

4:36 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I love all of you for reading and commenting.

Roycee...I am so glad you are back. When I wrote it, I just waited until you could come home to read it because I knew you would relate the most.

I love Mr. 1969 and would take a bullet for him. This isn't about him. It's about me and not having closure. You so get it. I love ya girl.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home