Monday, April 02, 2007

What does it take to be me?

I spent my weekend in a haze of responsibilities. You know how you have moments where you sit down and can't figure out how you got it all done? Yes. That was me.

Saturday I got up at 6am and went to the gym. Came home, made breakfast for the family (I made scrambled egg, turkey bacon and cheddar breakfast burritos-yum) and dressed the kids. I grabbed Taliban one and took him out with me to pick up all of his stuff for his Birthday Party on Saturday. On the way home, one of my girlfriend's called and had an emergency errand to run. I ended up picking up her son and bringing him back with me to our house. I dropped the boys off at my house with Mr. 1969 and went to the supermarket.

Mr. 1969 unknowingly invited a "few" of his frat brothers over to watch the NCAA games. I stopped to pick up stuff to cook. I came in the door and started making jerk chicken wings, potato salad, peas and rice and Ghiardelli chocolate brownies.

Mr. 1969 left to go get gas for the grill and beer.

I fed all THREE boys lunch. An hour later, my girlfriend showed up and picked up her son. I made my two take a nap before the guys came over.

Slowly the men started trickling in. One brought his THREE kids....ugh.

The "few" friends turned into 8 ques, three kids plus my two boys. So, I ran back to the store to pick up hot dogs for the kids and ice.

Needless to say....the house was full of people until 2am.

Sunday, I woke up and went to the gym...stopped at Starbucks and had some coffee and 30 minutes of peace. Came back home, dressed the Tali's for church. Left church and went to Sorority meeting. Came home at 5pm, got two loads of laundry done, ironed clothes for everyone for the week and started packing for Trinidad.

Finally, I mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned all of the bathrooms and spent an hour of quiet time talking to my husband.

I just want to give a shout out to the parents out there. You inspire me to wake up every morning and do it all over again. Happy Monday!

11 Comments:

Blogger BZ said...

FIRST?!?!

And sometimes I feel like wonder woman. You are the sh*t and don't let anyone tell you you're not! That is a mighty tiresome weekend. Now you need a weekend to recover from your weekend.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

why am I wondering what Mr.1969 was doing most of the weekend?

8:51 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

I see you earned your title of "Wonderwoman" this weekend.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Dayum Yo!

I agree with BZ..You are the Shyt!

9:27 AM  
Blogger BK said...

LMAO.. *buck nuff shots*

you know how parents got to do EVERYTHIGN..

I'm laughing at a few ques LMAO.. u know for every 1 que its like feeding 3!!!!

Glad you survived.. :) so what time are you leaving? LOL

9:49 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

BZ....when I get to Trinidad, I am RELAXING the whole time. I swear it!

GC...Mr. 1969 cleaned out our basement, mowed the lawn, took Taliban 2 for a hair cut, and cleaned the grill. He did play with all three boys so I am not that mad at him.

Erica..I know YOU can relate. LOL

RD...wait until you have some rugrats of your own, it never ends!

BKDIVA...the Ques do eat. LOL However, they washed all of the dishes, cleaned up and took out the trash. They also each walked in with something. The one that brought his kids even brought an early Birthday cake for my oldest son and gave him some money for his birthday. They're good guys and ALL SINGLE. (Hear that Roycee?)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

phew!!! girl i'm tired from just reading that.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I am exhausted from my weekend and the most stressful thing I did was go shopping for stuff for myself.

Enjoy Trinidad. You will have earned it!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes... You are definitely the blueprint...that we must strive to copy! :)

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So does that mean there are no more jerk wings left?!?!?! That's some bullshi.....

12:00 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Girl, I bet Trinidad can't get here fast enough!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home