Wednesday, May 30, 2007

To Do List

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have."


Today is one of those days I dreaded getting up. I have several really important meetings and i feel like I am drowning in projects and falling behind. I may have to pull a few late nights this week to keep my head above water. Thank God for Mr. 1969 and his support. He will hold the fort down at home so I can catch up to my responsibilities.

Every now and then, I have to think about re-organizing my priorities to make way for some blessings. If I am too busy doing all kinds of things....I might miss out on a friend, a new opportunity, a free smile, a really good idea or some emotional support.

I would hate to think I am too busy for all of that goodness because I am stuck in a meeting or trying to make a deadline.

Have a great one....

10 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

I like the quote. Might have to use that one myself.

They say the only constant is change so a little re-organization isn't bad at all. Hope you make it through the day.

5:55 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Sometimes reality sucks all the fun out of life!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Once you catch up, don't forget to take some time out for "self". After all of that, you deserve to be just a little bit selfish!

7:52 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I soooooooooooooooo feel you on this - and thank you for reminding me!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

AMEN.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

*singing*
I am ready for my blessing. . .

9:42 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Great post.

As you re-prioritize, don't forget that sometimes, you are also blessing others and you don't even know it. (re: today's blog)

Thanks.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Despite being in a career I always try to remember one thing: I work so I can have money to LIVE a certain way. That and the fact that I don't always give a damn forces me to make time for me.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

We all need to be reminded sometimes to always be available for a blessing. I needed that today.

10:44 AM  
Blogger BK said...

I am with Ms. Lee on this one!!! :) its funny how we get reminded of things!


*hugs* taking the S off your chest so that you can just be A WOMAN right now..

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home