Thursday, May 17, 2007

TAG, I'm it!

And I see I've been tagged by my homeboy, Fresh.

Before I answer, I just have to say that Fresh is one of the coolest individuals I have never met. For real. If our paths ever cross, watch out, we will probably snap on your outfits, get drunk, eat some jerk chicken, go shopping and then take over your corporation. He's good people.

So I have to answer 5 things I obsess out. Only five? Damn. I obsess over almost everything. I am a planner by nature so everything needs to be planned out. Hence the obsessing :)

Okay **breathe** here we go:

1. My Health.

1969 was a hottie back in the day. I used to eat everything under the sun, never work out and still remained a size 4. Tall and skinny. I could have given some of those Top Model girls a run for their money. Then came T1 and a 54 pound pregnancy. Did you hear me? 54 pounds. T1 was 9 lbs but that other 45 lbs was all stuck on your girl. A year passed and I got it down to about 20 pounds but I slowly realized that the weight was NOT coming off. It was gonna take work. Major work. So I started to eat healthier and exercise. Just when I started making progress, I had T2. I had to start all over. So although it's an ongoing thing I agonize about (like most women), I have made tremendous strides and I am on the road to maintaining my fabulousness.
I plan on being that MILF mom at the soccer games, Holla!

2. My Style.

Call me shallow, but I like to look a certain way. I am a t-shirt and sweats girl at heart and will rock a pair of sneakers like no bodies business. However, no matter what, I like to have a certain look. I like to look "effortlessly chic". Stylish without the "I tried too hard today" aura surrounding me. I make an effort to always leave the house looking pulled together. I learned a long time ago, that when you are dressed, you feel your best and at work I believe in dressing for the job you want not the job you have. Doesn't always have to be expensive....just pulled together.

3. My Family.

This is a given. I am Wonder Woman. I take care of my loved ones and obsess about it. Hell, it's my LIFE obsession and won't ever go away. I sit in meetings wondering if T2 had his jacket on when I dropped him to school, I call and schedule doctor's appointments when I am grocery shopping. I remember an entire list of details for everyone and forget mine. In short, I am a mom.....it's my job to obsess.

4. LOST

Now you guys know I am a Lost fan. I now find myself on websites reading all of the geek theories. **sigh** I may be beyond saving at this point.

5. COOKBOOKS/KITCHEN GADGETS

I collect them. I have shelves devoted to them. I actually use them. I am a kitchen junkie.

Now let me go tag some folks.....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the love fam. :)

If our paths do cross, in the words of Blahzay Blahzay, "oh my god, Danger" LOL.

Please let it be known to all 1969 readers that I did NOT pay her to make those comments :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

You are quoting Blazhay Blahzay? See, this is why you're hot....LMAO

No he did not pay me....yet.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Dayum now I want so Roti *after you mentioning jerk chicken* LMAO!! Now I gotta go invade Fresh's crib! Your list wasnt bad at all either.

8:29 AM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

OCD here. Man, that term keeps getting thrown around the Blogsphere. I think I may be your long lost twin, sans the kitchen gadgets. Hey, I once was a Pampered Chef (A La chic) fanatic. Having kitchen shows and stuff. I digress. You trying to start something up in here?

11:23 AM  
Blogger JustMeWriting said...

that's a good list...I'll be posting mine tomorrow, so if you visit me and see the same things...I didn't steal themd...LOL.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Great post. I think it is a mom thing that never goes away. My mom ends every conversation with "Be good and I love you."

12:55 PM  
Blogger Single Ma said...

*wavin* Hey 1969!

I think many women share your obsessions. I'm definitely wit ya on #2 and #3 and need to get better with #1.

I'm a mom first and foremost, everything else falls in line. As for my style, always pulled together, always fabulous. Let me tell it and I even look good in sweats. LOL *lying about the last part*

Booo @ you for complimenting Fresh. He's a punk! Ha!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

No time to comment I'm watching Smallville..:)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home