Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stepping Up To The Plate....

The Regional VP will be here today so your girl 1969 got up at 5am, did the power workout, came home....showered, got dressed and put on her corporate best.

I treated myself to an extra hot, nonfat, Caramel Macchiato (No Dunki.n today) and a multi grain bagel. I am in before 7:30am and geared up. I am on my game.

Last time he was here, he hit me with a whole bunch of questions that I had no answers for. This time, I am ready for him.

I have a really good friend that weighed over 300 pounds. She had severe asthma and chronic knee pain. Two years ago, she underwent gastric bypass surgery. She has since lost about 125 pounds. She wants to lose another 25-30 pounds and has been doing a great job of walking and eating healthy. We worked out together this morning and for real, she inspired me.

She didn't like something in her life and she decided to make a change. She committed herself to doing better. It's not all perfect, but she is still trying.
She celebrated the day she was able to walk into an Old Navy and buy a pair of jeans. Small things are a huge victory for her.

So today, when I have to face the big cheese....I am going to be confident. If she can take on her entire life, I can surely handle the VP of my region.

9 Comments:

Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

I'm wondering if the VP can handle you...you are on some I am Woman Hear Me Roar, you might walk out that meeting with a raise if you keep it up like this....

Just do what you do and I'm sure the chips will fall right into place!

7:17 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Show 'em what you working with!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Hi
I've nominated you for a thinking blogger award.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Wonderwoman doing her thang! Go head girl!

9:04 AM  
Blogger JustMeWriting said...

wow...what a good post. It's so easy to just accept the things we don't like, but to work at changing them takes power...I'm glad you've got it lady...can I get some...LOL, because it's been a long time coming.

11:50 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

AMEN! And good luck today! I know you'll be fabulous. Show'em whatcha got!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

By now, I know you've already wowed him! Go girl!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have made my blogroll!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I'm sure you did your thing with the regional VP, but the extra boost of confidence surely didn't hurt.

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home