Monday, May 21, 2007

Summertime

Summer is in the air. My favorite season. When you are born on a tropical island in July, you can't help but love summer.

I have been waiting all year for the sunshine and heat to return. This weekend will kick off the beginning of summer for many. We are not heading out in all of that crazy traffic....but we will be grilling and chilling at Chateau 1969 and taking the kids to the Aquarium and to a few street festivals.

Mr. 1969 just finished a fourth interview this morning with the RVP of the new company. It went really well and he should be hearing from them by the end of the week. I am praying that he gets this job because 1) he's perfect for it, 2) the salary is GREAT and 3) he is bored out of his mind at home.

As for your girl, I am enjoying the sunshine, doing what I do. I am currently obsessed with the food network again after a long hiatus and saw a few really good ideas yesterday. Ni.gella was serving up some great breakfast recipes. I mean, what's not to love about strawberry cheesecake pancakes? WOW. Wouldn't that be a great item to serve at a brunch?

I will be saving that one in my arsenal.

Enjoy the sunshine today people. We'll chat later.

P.S. Mets took 2 out of 3 in the Subway matchup. What's up haters?

12 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

LOL @ that Mets status thrown in..

Umm when you make that brunch.. make sure you call me.. I'm only an 90 min away..I can get there in time for brunch! LOL

Summertime.. ooh I can just hear that will smith jam playing!!!

Happy Birthday Notorious B.I.G.!

oh and ya girl is back! :)

8:13 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

July babies rule! LOL. My daughter and I are summer babies and we yearn for when it gets warm. It feels good to know someone who gets it. I love summer with spring behind. When September comes I get depressed cause here in Michigan we stay cold way too long. LOL.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Those pancakes sound some kinda good right now...lol

8:58 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

You sound in a really peaceful, pleasant mood. I like that! And good luck to Mr. 1969!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Got my fingers crossed for the Mr.! I love Nigella! I love the fact that she doesn't count calories even though I don't need to be eating like that everyday.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now who in the hell would talk trash about the Subway matchup?!?!?!?

9:24 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

BK...welcome back. I got ya on that Brunch. I love a good brunch!!!

Shai...yes, you get it! Summer babies rule. I just hate the cold.

Honey-Libra...you should have seen them on Nigella's show. I was about to get off the couch and go make them!

BZ...does that mean I am usually crusty and evil :) Thanks for the good luck thoughts!

Erica...I love Nigella too. She looks like she enjoys eating. I hate having to look at size two Giada or Sandra Lee. They know they don't really eat.

Yes FRESH...I wonder WHO would talk trash after the azz kicking they received over the weekend?.....LOL

9:44 AM  
Blogger Nexgrl said...

I too, am a fan of the food network. My friends and family laugh, but I have gotten some great recipes.

10:46 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

i should get into the food network, but instead i troll epicurious.com for recipes all of the time. they are truly awesome!

summertime in LA means June gloom for us when it looks like winter for a month, then it's a 100 degrees everyday!!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Hater here, reporting for duty. Not feelin' u and ur little Mets... LOL

I looooove the summer. It's my favorite season. Sunglasses, sundresses and sunshine! Yaay!

Strawberry cheesecake pancakes? What in the Hell L Cool J are u tryna do to me?!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Those pancakes might just make me revisit that Philly Blogger Meet-up that crashed and burned last year. Sounds tasty.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the summer too. I'm really looking forward to the summer in Philadelphia. I hope Mr. 1969 gets that job since it's the 4th interview. He must be anxious to get back into the swing of things. Good luck.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home