Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Foundations

So I was chatting with the BK Diva yesterday (she has a great new fitness blog....ya'll need to check it out). We were laughing about children's graduations and how crazy the parents dress the kids and themselves. This got me to thinking about women and what they wear. I would be doing a disservice to my readers if I did not share some Trinidadian wisdom.

Whenever I would go out somewhere nice, not in my regular jeans and tshirt, my mom would always tell me to make sure I had on some "Foundation undergarments". Now you may ask....what the hell is that? It's okay......I asked too.

My mother clarified it by saying that no one wants to "see all yuh drawers" when you are wearing your clothes. Underwear is UNDER ware. Get it? Got it? Good.

So ladies, when you are wearing white pants? The red lacy thong is a no-no. How about a pair of smooth, underwear in the color of your skin? You can wear a thong, a boyshort, whatever....just make sure it's seamless and flesh colored.

When you are wearing a tshirt.....no one wants to see the lumpy bra with all the designs on it under your clothes. Every single manufacturer makes their own version of the t-shirt bra. You will have a smooth silhouette. Nice.

If you are wearing low rise jeans.....we don't want to see your drawers every time you bend over (at least I don't, sorry guys). They make LOW RISE thongs. Come on.
Let the men guess a little....they don't need to see your polka dot raspberry thong and the tag sticking out of your azz crack.

Hell, even Ms. Knowles and Ms. Alba have a pair of Span.x sewn into all of their evening wear. Why? Not because they aren't in shape.....because they want a smooth silhouette.

Get the foundations right.....another 1969 public service announcement for my sisters. (Don't say I don't care).

19 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

ROTFLMAO hahahaaa well I'm glad you posted the CLEAN AND NICE version.. I went on a rant LOL :D

My mom and I talked last night and I told her.. My girl 1969 said the same thing.. Foundation Garments.. her comment.. most of dem girls nowadays too slack!! LOL

and if you don't know or understand what my girl is telling ya.. GO VISIT BALI OR VICTORIA SECRET.. yes even Vicki's makes FOUNDATION GARMENTS!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

yes and AMEN..I was hipped to spanx only a minute ago..I need to step up my game! It seems a lot of companies sell their own version of body shapers but is spanx different than that??...I love all my flesh colored UNDER garments..bras and panties..yeah they look pale in comparison to the more vibrant lacy numbers but they do the job! thanks for the PSA we could all use a reminder or 2 or 3!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Still Patrice said...

Thnak You! For caring

LMAO.. Why the thong have to be polka-dot AND raspberry?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Preach my sistah, preach! I was raised the same way. I am a Spanx devotee... I recommend them to everybody I know. Any woman "OUR AGE" should know better or her mama didn't raise her right! Jiggly booty ain't cute... Ladies please listen. Also, if it ain't lined, wear a slip!

8:05 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Thank you 1969.
The proper undergarment is key to a sucessful look! I casn't stand seeing lines and rolls and jiggle.

Thank you Erica B.
Cause I swear I almost have to fight with my younger 30'something sistas about a wearing a slip!!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Foundation garments. Yeah, I remember, a slip, half-slip, or camisole. As an adult I don't wear slip often due to how some clothes are made. I do believe in wearing the right undergarments. I think the summer faux pas is wear a bra with straps with a strapless shirt or tank with skinny straps. I told 16 yr old years ago that you get a convertible bra for dif looks.

I cringe when I see bra straps out or even worse a woman without a bra on and the ladies are jiggling, sagging. Not.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Nexgrl said...

Thank you Ms.1969. I see those mistakes you discussed all of the time. Sometimes I just want to yell at the offenders.

9:44 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

BK...your rant was more entertaining than mine :)

GG....Spanx do not SUCK you in so hard that you have a fat roll hanging overthe waistband. They fit and just make sure everything is smooth. They cost more but are worth it. Especially if you are doing anything form fitting.

PAJNSTL...You know when you see someone's thong...it is always some wild looking mess..LOL

Erica B...you really are my sister. And yes....jiggly booty is only cute when it's in your house serving a purpose. LOL

Philly....I know you feel me. Even at 20....I rocked proper underwear. Still sexy but it did the job.

Shai...I hate bra straps showing too.

Nexgrl....I just hate seeing someone in white anything with bright, lacy or lumpy drawers. UGH!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

Thank you and AMEN! Women also need to understand the necessity for good quality undergarments. They really do make a world of difference. And Spanx are the TRUTH!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are wearing low rise jeans.....we don't want to see your drawers every time you bend over - SPEAK FOR YOURSELF HOMIE!!! Okay okay, maybe not every time but how about some of the time?!?!?!

11:48 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Tasha....thanks for relating! We can hang out anytime.

FRESH....I had the disclaimer in there for the men didn't I?

12:05 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I just want to know when it became cute to put your drawers on display? I think that mess is tacky as hell.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Big J said...

LOL. This is my first time by your spot. I love it!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

AMEN!!!

Especially with it being summer time you need to make this announcement more public LOL

2:37 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

HEY HEY HEY!!!!! I LOOOOOOVE SLACKNESS..Nothing like a woman bending down in front of me. I live for that thong moment..STOP HATIN!!! Everyone has their purpose in life...Slack gyal dem have theirs...:)

Oh btw What the HELL are SPANX!!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

1969, we could never say you don't care! But you are so right!Foundations are there for a reason.

Also, ladies, if u don't want to spend on Span.x, Tar-zhay has a line called Ass.ets that costs less, but does the same thing.

It's all about keeping the focus on what you've got going on, rather than what you've got going wrong.

1969 - You know ur a mess for 'jiggly booty in the house' comment, right?! You ain't lie...but ur a mess! LOL

9:41 PM  
Blogger BK said...

Ok LMAO @ Ms. Lee.. hahahaaaa

Tarjay's brand isn't too bad.. had to cop that for my daughter AND SHE AIN'T GOT NOTHING!!! but for dance it is FABULOUS!


Ok and don't forget about RIGHT TYPE OF PANTYHOSE.. SANDALFOOT VS REINFORCED TOE..

DI HELL U DOING WEARING REINFORCED TOE WITH SANDALS????? LAWD HELP US!

5:27 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

AMEN AMEN AMEN!

"they don't need to see your polka dot raspberry thong and the tag sticking out of your azz crack." OKAY?!?!

This was too funny. But totally on the money. Thanks for sharing!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Nikita T. Mitchell said...

LOL man oh man oh man. All I can do is say thank you for this one. Much needed!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home