Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Daughter of a Black Man wants to know.....

There's no secret that I LOVE ME SOME ROYCEE. This beautiful, intelligent sister is so deep. When you read her blog, you want to get to know her in person. She's witty, spunky, spiritual and wise beyond her years. She dresses her behind off, loves to read and travel and will still roll through the streets with you and have your back. Many of you get to enjoy her blog....I get to call her my sister for life....SKEE WEE, SOROR. Here are her questions.....Damn....she knows me too well...LOL



You’ve just passed away and learned that God is still on the fence about whether or not you will chill with Him for all of eternity or take the red elevator all the way down to the ground floor (you feel me?). Out of the kindness of His heart, God decides to give you one last chance to persuade Him and allows you 3 minutes to convince Him why He should let you into the pearly gates…what is your argument?

God...I know I have been far from perfect and for this I ask Your forgiveness. Temptations and distractions sidetracked me many times when I was feeling weak or unsure of myself but I always came back to You or sought You out when I knew I was slipping. I always recognized that I would only get this far with You. Even if you choose not to grant me a chance, please know that I never let my shortcomings affect my personal love of You and my faith in You has never wavered. I raised two children to love You and put You first in their lives and I hope for that act, You will grant me access to Your Kingdom.


Tali 1 has left for his freshman year of college and right before his first official break he asks if he can bring his new girlfriend home with him for the week (7 days)…you and Mr. Sixty are reluctant but later agree…and when the day comes you hear his key in the door around the time they are scheduled to arrive…in walks your oldest child, followed closely by his WHITE girlfriend…OHMY, what does Mrs. Sixty do?

I really do believe that Tali 1 would tell me that he was bringing a White young lady home way before she hit the door. If you knew him, you would know that Tali 1 shares EVERYTHING with me. LOL

However, I will go along with your little question....Heffa. :)

I would hide my initial shock and then I would treat her like any other girl that Tali would bring home. I would want to know all about her. When it comes to my sons and the future woman in their lives, I just want to make sure she has a good head on her shoulders, conducts herself like a lady and that she can stand up for herself, keep them in line but still treat them with respect and love. She also has to be able to compliment their personality and have goals. If she doesn't meet THAT criteria, he and I will have a talk when she leaves. My list for a good woman encompasses her character more than her color. Now you need to ask how Mr. 1969 would act.....that's a better question.

You’ve made it to heaven after a very long and full life and Mr. Sixty (who passed a year before you) and “Mr. SeeYouNextLifeTime” are both there waiting to greet you...you have to choose who you spend eternity with and you can only choose one, who do you choose?

Roycee...you know me so well. I struggle with this question all the time internally. Of course, it's a question I probably will face one day but I am confident that God will work this out for me. I can only guess at what will await me in Heaven. Somehow, I dont think it will be ex-boyfriend vs, husband drama. The Big Guy has bigger things in store for me.

I can't choose one cause I don't really know. *sigh* I really don't know.


Alpha Kappa Alpha and Delta Sigma Theta were never founded…but you still have to choose---Sigma Gamma Rho or Zeta Phi Beta? Whatchugonedo Cletus?!?!?

You know, both of these organizations are great ones. Powerful sisters doing powerful things. However....I would have to say that I know more Zeta's and my cousin is a Zeta....so I might have to go to the Blue and White. However, the SGRho's that I do know are cool as heck....shouts out to my girl Jameil1922!

You’ve just learned that you won $50 million dollars but you have to spend it within 24 hours, what do you spend it on (and can I borrow about $500K)?
Easy....split the remaining $49,500,000 into two trust funds for my children and spend the remaining 23 hours enjoying my entire family's company once we landed my charter flight in Trinidad.

14 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

FIRST!!!

and Ummm WOW.. your answers were all great!!!

I feel you on the organizational thing LOL.. my cousin is a Zeta and one of my closet friends from H.S. is one too

now Roycee know she can't be giving you them hard arse questions LOL but I feel you on not being able to choose.. that's crazy..

*just make sure I'm on that charter flight to Trini too*

5:36 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

DANG Royceee..you made it hard on a sistah..the questions are deeper than the well in my granmommmmas backyard!...1969 you answered them beautifully..except for the white girl..LOL..record scratching..WTH?? no I'm just kidding (sort of) I'd like to see what Mr. 69 has to say about that!
cuz you are just too OKAY wit it!

5:59 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

BK.....Roycee knows me too damn well. Seriously...heffamae. LOL

Gee Gee...I would not flip out because the minute you flip out, he will cling to that girl tighter than Buffie the Body's underwear. I will leave that come to Jebus talk for his father. LOL

6:03 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

First thing I did this morning (before even opening email) was head here...I LOVE IT!!!

1) I know God is smiling right now :-) That plea was beautifully written (You're in! LOL!!!)

2) See this is why you're my inspiration...Tali 1 is lucky to have you for his Moms cause if it were me he'd be marchin his lil' azz back out that door with his "Becky" right behind him LOL!! I'm playing ya'll...*blank stare*

3) I went back and forth about asking that question cause I know its a tough one and I feel like you feel, that is a decision god would never ask you to make...I believe when you get to heaven you be able to spend eternity with the spirit of both of them because eternity will be nothing like life here on earth...you and I have so much to look forward too chick!

4) *applause* that was a sweet politically friggin correct answer you Lame! ...I'ma let you off the hook on that one only cause I know how you really feel LMAO!!! Oh and shouts out to all my peoples out there from the Pan-Hell Nine!!! Holla...

5) Good lookin out cause I really could use that $500K (and I have this post as proof of our agreement...saved in a secret file on multiple computers). Oh and lemme hurry up an dget some new bathing suiuts for this trip to Trinidad cause we bout to be BALLIN'...LOL!!!

Great answers Sis!!! That was a lot of fun and I am glad you thought enough of me to include me in your elite group of interviewers. You already know how I feel about you...you're the shiznit and you knows it ~hugs~

6:19 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

RD...only you would come with the personal emotionally charged questions...LOL

You liked my answer for number four huh? :)

and for the record....my REAL name is not 1969 so I doubt your claim would stand up in court. LOL

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure I never ask Roycee to interview me. Damn. She got all up in the mentals with those questions.

Good answers tho' homie....

And ooohh, let me answer for Mr. 1969 for that question about bringing home Becky Sue..*ahem*...Who the fugg is this?!?!?!?!?!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

You can't split the MONEY and put them in trust funds for the kiddies! Thats cheating. Didn't you watch Brewsters Millions!...lol

9:39 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Wow Roycee! You brought it with those questions! 1969, again lovin those answers!

10:10 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

And let's not forget, yours truly is a Zeta, too! Z-Phi! :-)

Great answers all around - and great questions, too! Roycee is one hell of an interrogator! LOL

You know I'm feeling the answer to #2 also (cuz people always think I'm just white anyway). But, I'm fortunate that my moms is happy with whatever decisions in a partner her daughters make, so long as they are good people, share fundamental values, have good senses of humor and put forth as much effort for us as we do for them. Character over color, or even gender (in my family).

And yes, a wonderful plea in #1. Beautifully stated.

Can I go to Trinidad, too? Man, with all the upcoming caribbean festivals, I've been listening to soca on the regular!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Well damn, Roycee! You really got down and dirty w/ it!

I'll never get tired of saying this, but your answers are amazing.

As for Mr. NextLifeTime. I feel you on not being able to choose.

Most importantly though, your plea to God was sound and beautiful.

*applauding you and Roycee*

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

good answer for #1. and you are so right w/bringing the white girl home. anyone the folk don't like the kids are like I LOVE HER!!! foolishness. lol.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Great questions. I feel like I learned so much more about you. Love the question about tali #1 bringing home a white girl. Now, maybe it is just me, but you let your little black boy that there is nothing more beautiful than what he is and where he came from. Love your people! But if he brings home a white girl and she is nice then fine ;-)

1:29 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Royce was definitely not playing fair with those questions, but you pulled through like a champion. Good questions, even better answers.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

Beautiful prayer @ Question #1!!

Yeah your answer about the Blue sororities was so PC! LOL :op

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home