Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My son, moon and stars

Tali got accepted to his school!!!! It's a great day. They want him to come in and meet his teacher and take a few assessments on Monday (yes, my birthday). That's okay though. I couldn't ask for a better birthday gift than getting him enrolled in the only Blue Ribbon Public School in the City (and it's FREE!!!!!).

The youngest Tali has been going through some emotions lately. He's 2 and he's entitled. If he weren't so funny, I would have a breakdown. My mom was here on Saturday and we were sitting outside with the boys. He was engrossed with my neighbor's cat. He was more than engrossed, he was stalking him. The cat looked like he wasn't having it. So whenever he got close.....the cat started hissing. My mom yelled out "Tali, don't touch that cat." He waved his little finger at us and said "I Be Right Back. I WANNA TOUCH A CAT!".....So I said, " Son....stay away from that cat." "MOMMY, I WANNA TOUCH A CAT" "No." "I WANNA TOUCH A CAT!"
"Tali....don't do it." "**waves finger** I WAAAAAANNNNNNNAAAA TOUCH A CAT, I BE RIIIGHT BACK".

So finally he touches the cat and gets scratched. Does he cry? No, he tries to punch the cat. Whew. Can we have a group prayer for the Taurus child? (Thanks for cursing me Slish). That boy is gonna require a lot of work.

The oldest is getting so big I can't even fathom where the time is flying. He was a baby last week, now he's off to Kindergarten in September. I will be doing school shopping and everything. It feels surreal. You know, I keep telling you guys that I have these moments when I have to shake my head like....WOW, I am someone's mother.
It's amazing.

Here's a picture of my Trini boys at Philly carnival last week.....



If that doesn't make you smile.....I don't know what does. Have a great day.

17 Comments:

Blogger onefromphilly said...

Congratulations Tali #1, and congratulations to Tali's Mom and Dad. I know how much work it is to find a good school in that City. *whew* If he's going to the school that i think it is, he's in really good shape. Charter schools were so new when my son was that age we missed out. So we have had to pay and pay and pay tuition forever. But in 2009 I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeee! yippee!!!!!
Well almost free...there's still college, but he ain't living at home....yippee again!!!

After the teenage years, you'll understand how I feel, lol...
But I still remember his first day of school like it was today...**sigh**

6:05 AM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

You should be proud, momma! The photo does actually make me smile. I have one where my own son is sitting inside a small round laundry basket. ~Sigh~ That thing prolly the size of his big head now. ~LOL~ Inside joke. Anyway, his acceptance, and YOUR birfday, should be celebrated! And just wait until he excels while growing at Blue Ribbon school. Matter-of-fact, my son and the second of my trio, just had his gifted/exceptional learner evaluation on yesterday. Dr. Bacchus reported his findings to me. Yep, another gifted measured child in the family. Not that I'mma let it go to their heads. ;D... I'd much rather them be loving and kind in the eyes of their peers.

7:26 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

yup insert my big huge grin right here!!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's child abuse. How you gonna have your kids up in the cooler like they some Corona's and Heineken's?!!?!?!?!? I'm calling child services!!!

Congrats to Tali#1....and you was all nervous. HA! He got this....

8:34 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Philly...if you had an email address or a blog **ahem** we could chat about it in detail....LOL

Pro..You go with all those lil Proactiff geniuses. Just like their momma!

Jacky Jack...they are cute aren't they?

Fresh...that's what happens when they go out with their Daddy without Mommy around.....you know how ya'll do. LOL

9:06 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

You have such a gift for telling stories! I was sitting hear, reading the "I WANNA TOUCH A CAT!" laughing my a$$ off! I can picture it perfectly. I can't believe he didn't cry, but tried to punch the cat instead. Classic!

And congrats to Tali 1!!!! I know you are relieved and thrilled and experiencing a whole gang of emotions right now. Enjoy every minute of it!

You got your kids in the cooler! LOL

9:12 AM  
Blogger me said...

awwwwwww! lmao @your baby trying to punch the cat. he was like whaaaaaaaaaat??!??!? NO ONE crosses tali 2. i don't care if you are an animal!! so funny. congrats on your oldest getting into a great FREE school!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Still Patrice said...

Awwww, they look so happy to be in the cooler! LOL they are cutie pies.

10:02 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

I ain't getting a blog...lol

But I'll get Roycee to shoot you my email addy.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Congrats on Tali #1 getting into the school! Yeah for him. Girl, those boys are already some little heartbreakers. Just wait until you have to beat the fast tail little females off them!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I know it was not suppose to be funny, but that story about Tali #2 touching the cat was hysterical. Still laughing. Tali #2 is going to learn by doing not by what someone tells him. That is tough for parents. To watch their child stumble and hurt themselves, but some people need to experience it for themselves.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Congrats to T1 & U! Why u? No tuition @ Blue Ribbon is a blessing!

LOL @ I b riiiight back!
I see T2's one of those, if you don't hear, you're gonna feel, type of kids!

Definitely smiling over here! They're adorable!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

YES!!!!! Tali 1 got in!!! Prayers have been answered! :o) Congratulations!

Love the pic of the boys!

Tali 2 is something else! You have your hands waaaaay full!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo i'm partial to the headband :) heheh :) congrats!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Bridgette's Odyssey said...

I thought your birthday was friday...oh well, we don't have the same one.

Congrats to your baby. I'm sure he'll do very well in school and make you so proud.

The cat story was so funny and seriously something my daughter would do. Toddlers are a trip!

12:13 PM  
Blogger BK said...

OMG.. why do I see Tali 2 beating that cat??? OMG.. lol too funny!!!

Again CONGRATS TO TALI 1.. girl school shopping.. LOL get the supply list and remember how we used to hit up Conways and buy all the composition books?? LOL well now its walmart & staples for the better buys on school supplies.. Tarjay only when they have a special sale LOL

anywhoo.. I am so happy for you.. this is where you start to really lose your mind! LOL

12:21 PM  
Blogger T.a.c.D said...

this so made me smile...it was GREAT! I can picture him..aw man and I am so happy he got into the school...this is especially important with the recent Supreme court ruling...so GREAT for you and the family!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home