Thursday, June 21, 2007

That may be all I need...

But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you

-Sunday Morning, Maroon 5

My life is hectic. Sometimes, it's downright crazy. When you are always racing to the next appointment or chasing a deadline, you grow an earnest appreciation for all things simple.

Simplicity.....breaking things down to it's basic compounds. The basics.

-I'm healthy
-I have a wonderful family
-I have a job
-I have food
-I have a roof over my head

We bring so much drama into our lives. Unnecessary drama. When you stop and think about the basics...you have to recognize that you probably have more than 80% of the world could ever dream of. People are dying to live MY Drama. It's really not that serious, now is it?

Enjoy your day and your weekend. I mean really enjoy it. Wake up knowing there is no gun to your head,, you can drink your Starbucks coffee and contemplate...."Hmmm, what do I feel like eating today?" and then...go out and get it. You can throw on your $100 sneakers and your designer clothes, start your car engine and just drive. You can drive anywhere you want to. You can roll your window down and shout outside to anyone and say anything. You can choose. You have options.

Today, remember the basics that you are blessed with each and every day. You know, the things you take for granted. Enjoy the simple things. Peace.

19 Comments:

Blogger Shai said...

Wonderful post 1969. I do appreciate basics in my life. I have peace and not a bunch of drama. I have a job. A year ago, I did not think I would be jobless for 10 months. I learned a lot then and I do appreciate the simple things.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*hug*

btw, why not allow non-Blogger accounts post comments?

12:05 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Shai...you ARE blessed. The simple things are often overlooked.

Trini...I can't believe you are commenting on my blog! I am such a fan of your blog. (I am soooo not worthy). I just changed that feature....so you should be all set now.

5:03 AM  
Blogger BK said...

*waving*.. girl you speak the truth.. the SIMPLE things.. and be THANKFUL.. that you have them and even more grateful that you can continue to be blessed!


Hugs ma.. now lemme go finish packing..!

5:06 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Ahhh the simple things..

I say it all the time...
I have all the things I need and whole lot of the stuff I want..I'm blessed!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

thanks for the reminder homie. i see lots of crazy stories at work and they usually do a good job of reminding me but it never hurts to get another one.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

That's what I'm saying. I'd laugh and joke in the middle of a war, cause even when you're fighting you have to remember what you're fighting for. Everything else is just a wave and all you can do is ride it or bail out.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

It is hard to remember everything you have. This post reminds us to slow down and appreciate it all.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I say it best....

Ummm...

Amen...Good post...Enjoy your weekend.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Still Patrice said...

This is the 1st girls weekend, where ALL of us New Orleans natives will finally be in the same place at the same time. It's been a hott minute and for THAT I am VERY appreciative.


You have a great weekend!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Nikita T. Mitchell said...

simply beautiful

10:58 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

ooh you are so reading my mind today i have been really thinking about just that thing lately. I have so much to be thankful!

In this busy life of ours we need to be thankful for what we've got, starting with the breath we have to breathe!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Ms Sula said...

This is why I read your blog every day. I really needed to be reminded of that today. Thanks 1969!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Good post as usual. I am fortunate enough to have a job in which I work with a population of people that reminds me to be thankful of what I have. 90% of the people I encounter on a daily basis would love to switch places with me. I honestly should be smacked everytime I complain about something.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

I've reached that peace in my life again. So, I'm with you 100 percent.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

After reading this post, I was inspired to write a post of my own. Look for it Monday morning.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

sometimes the important things (the basics) need to be taken from you and out of sight before you really appreciate their value! Great post gurl!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

"People are dying to live MY Drama"

Who are you telling!!


I was just saying that to myself this past week....shoot this whole year!!


Thanks for always putting the mirror back in front of our faces!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

AMEN! This is so true! I have come to very much appreciate the opportunity to do nothing but enjoy the sun or the smell of the rain; to sit, stand or lay down; to breathe deeply and be still.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home