Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Erica B.'s got questions.....

Erica B is one of those women that make fabulosity look simple. She really can do it all. She is a busy mother of three, a wonderful wife, she can cook her behind off (ask her about her mac and cheese recipe) and she knits and sews. I mean really....she can sew ANYTHING. Go check out her blog if you want proof. She does it ALL and never has a hair out of place. She is one of my style idols and a really good friend.


1. How do you manage to make being a "supermom" look so flawless? Tell us your secrets to success.

I can't believe the Queen of flawless is asking me this question..LOL

I am an event planner at heart. When I started in Hotels, I did all of the high end catering events. $100K and up weddings, Galas, etc. I am used to having to stay organized under pressure. I think I am just used to having a lot on my plate and juggling. The key for me is to have a mental schedule of what I need to get done. I have also learned that some things are NOT a priority. They come off the schedule.
I do admit that the things that tend to get neglected are usually related to my needs. I need a pedicure as we speak! LOL However, I started working out in the morning and I am holding on to that. That is my me time. I am trying to get better at doing more things for me. The key is to learn to say NO to other committments. I still struggle with this....sigh.

2. Would you ever consider leaving the corporate world to become a stay at home mom?

First of all....stay at home mothers are the bomb. They have the hardest jobs in the world.

If I was financially comfortable, I would go back to culinary school and eventually start my own catering business. Absolutely.

However, I enjoy working so much. When I was at home on maternity leave...I was dying to go back to work. I was stir crazy in the house. I enjoy what I do and I enjoy the financial freedom that working gives our family but maybe down the road....?

3. Have you ever contemplated entrepreneurialism, such as event planning or starting a catering business? You'd be fabulous at that.

Erica...I think about this all the time. I would open a catering business. I am working on it!!!

4. You always seem to take everything in stride. Tell us about a situation that has made 1969 lose her cool composure.

Oh wow. I do tend to keep my composure. I really hate women making scenes in public. My mother didn't raise me that way :)

However, I lose my cool all the time. Ask Mr. 1969. He likes to refer to me as Boughetto.....you know Bougie and Ghetto? Two great tastes that work great together?
I am one of those mild mannered looking women that will snap out and punch you in your grill. I have evolved from my days of flipping out on people. I now shut em down like Claire Huxtable. You know, when you dis them with a cutting remark and they don't realize how bad you told them off until you walk away? LOL

But I have been in my share of fights, arguments, tire slashing, etc.....Trust me!


5. Anymore babies? What about a "mini 1969"?

Although the thought of a mini 1969 is attractive (is the world even ready???)....THE BABY MAKING FACTORY IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED (insert Awwwwwwww's right here). Had I started earlier, I would have had another one. At 38 (in July)....we decided that Tali 2 would be the last one. Now I have to see what kind of daughter in laws I get :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Great answers! I wanted to know about the composure thing -- you and CreoleinDC are notorious for that razor sharp wit. I am still maturing to that point because I use to be "that chick" that would climb across a counter to whoop yo azz for talking ish to me. I've learned that a cool composure and an even tone scares the hell outta people way more than going ghetto!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Good so now I have a wedding planner...I can check that off the list! Love the answers Momma!!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Erica...CreoleinDC is the REAL Claire Huxtable. LOL. I am in awe of her too....but I think she's like us....BOUghetto. She might snatch a few folks up too. LOL Thanks for the great questions!

RD...I got you man!

12:56 PM  
Blogger BK said...

LMAO!!! girl you said Claire Huxtable!!! LOL that look was all she had to give and then her comment was so smooth you didn't even know is right!!!

great answers.. but hey if you ever want to ACT like you got a daughter I got a teenager for you.. :) I'm saying she can make curry!!! LOL

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Great questions, Erica! I, too, was here thinking wow, but she's got it sooo together herself!

Yes! @ Claire Huxtable. She was serious! But boughetto is the proper balance if you ask me.

1969, the more I read, the more I'm like this is what being grown looks like. I aspire...

2:01 PM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

[Teacher stepping up to the chalkboard, clears throat] That would be "bourgeois" Mrs. 1969. I heard some friends of our family say it like you spelled it except it sounded like the dance as in "boogie." LOL And that is exactly how I read your version. =) And a little miss 1969 would be a beautiful thing (always recruiting for the family of five ~company~). And mine and Mr.Pro's shop has been long shut-da-fugg down. We took 50/50 ownership in this endeavor ~hint~.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Keeping your composure is the essence of cool.

6:48 PM  
Blogger lovelyjd said...

NOT TIRING SLASHING!!! OH NO!!! LMAO

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...u'r blog is hilarious...

8:54 PM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

great q's and a's once again..and I'm in awe of EricaB and her sewing skills I stalk her site BIGTIME! I'm a juggler also..I have to have a lot going on..keeps me sane and drives me crazy at the same time! an idle mind is a dangerous one! girl you go with the catering biz...I know the food would be scrumptious! I'd like a few platters to go, LMAO!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Sister Toldja said...

I love this. You two could have a supermom TV show, like "The Mommies" a few years ago. That would be great: the Boughetto Claire Huxtables of the North and South come together. Let me be y'all manager!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home