Thursday, June 21, 2007

And last but not least....Brooklyn Diva

It's been a good week. Thanks to my internet peeps for asking such great questions and helping me in my "Get to Know 1969" project.

The last blogger is my buddy BKDiva. BK is one of those cool people you feel like you already know. She is down to earth, funny, warm and caring. She is a single mom (To two highly talented children), working woman and a fitness trainer. I mean really.....after all that, you already know I look up to her. She has me on track to run my first 5k and she makes me laugh everyday. Here are her questions....


1. If you had to judge the greatest lyricist contest in the matches as listed.. who would you choose and why
Pac vs. Biggie, Nas vs. Jay-Z, Ice Cube vs. Easy E., Eminem vs. 50 Cent

I would have to roll with Biggie. I don't think he is a better lyricist than Pac....I just love Biggie :) He is the essence of Brooklyn.

Nas is a far better lyricist than Jay.... but Jay brings the hits. Hmmmm...I will give it to Nas but I am a Jay-Z fan.

Ice Cube all the way.

Eminem....absolutely. Fisty is so whack.

2. We know you dated a celebrity before you became the Infamous Mrs. 1969. If you were single and could date again.. which celebrity would it be and why? if none, why not?

Now you guys know that Maxwell is my 2nd baby daddy. LOL
Seriously, it would have to be because I liked that person as a man, not because of the fame. That road is not easy. When I stared dating THAT individual, I met him at a fund raiser for work and we went out a few times. When he started to pull that ....I'm famous crap....I rolled out. I am not a "play the background" type of woman....so I need someone that can deal with me being me and not fitting into a role. Kim. Por.ter, I am NOT.

3. You have the opportunity to go to Paris on a girls getaway/shoe shopping trip and you can only take 5 other female bloggers with you.. who would you take and why?

Just five? So unfair....we all need a trip and some shoes. I have to take Roycee, Erica B, Ms. Lee, you BK and...............everyone else can go too.....shhhh...just sneak on the plane!

4. It's Labor Day weekend.. it's you, Fresh, Slish, Ms. Lee, Me, & Roycee.. what is the 1st thing you take us to do as you show us Labor Day Trini Style?

In Brooklyn? Well, we have to go to a mas camp for the weeks leading up to labor day to get our costumes, drink and get into the Carnival spirit. Then we have to wake up early on Carnival day, eat a nice Trini breakfast and hit the Parkway. Throughout the day, we have to drink lots of alcohol (Trinidad Rum is best) (with required glasses of water in between), wine and jump up on total strangers, make sure Fresh and Slishy don't get into too much trouble....collapse on the sidewalk and eat another plate of food before we roll home.

5. As a native trini who is now americanized, what differences/similarities do you see in the cultures.. what would you keep in raising your kids?

Trinidad was originally a British Colony so you will find that the way of life in Trinidad is a little more proper. Yes, we have carnival and dance in the streets half naked but other than partying.....we are pretty proper. Trinidadians are big on having decorum, respecting elders, knowing your place and all around "properness". I am not as strict with my children as my parents were with me (I used to get beatings that would probably have someone arrested today) but I do have high expectations for them regarding how they conduct themselves, education, etc. Those things I take from my upbringing. Trinis also know how to have fun and families are very close. American youths have WAY more freedom. They can say things to their parents, I would never dream of saying. When I was younger, I thought that was a good thing.....now, I don't. LOL I try to borrow the best of both cultures.

bonus question: you can only choose one genre to listen to for the remainder of the year.. what would it be.. dancehall, rockers, soca/calypso, r&b or hip hop

ROCKERS ALL DAY.

9 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

HA!!! FIRST!!!

and Ummm damn girl you are too eloquent for you own good :) I DEFINITELY admire you and now after the series of questions you have answered have even MORE respect for you!!!! You my girl C.. oops 1969 :) LOL

and the entertainer question.. I LOVE IT.. :) KP you are NOT.. :) and #5.. that is why we are so >>>>><<<< that is exactly how I am with mine..


by the way how is the 5K training coming? :)

Hugs.. see you when I get back!

6:14 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Safe travels BK!!!! Thanks for the great questions.

FYI....Rockers music is slowed down reggae (see song playing). You know, where you wrap hands around waists and kind of grind...oops, I mean "Rock" back and forth. LOL

6:28 AM  
Blogger Pretty Primadonna said...

Kim. Por.ter, I am NOT.

I love it! :-)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

Congrats on training for the 5k. I would love to train to do that again.

I think you hit the nail on the head with regard to Trinidad vs. American. Definitely waaaay more strict and less backtalk allowed. Also, education was stressed. My parents went two very good schools on the island. They would never tolerate anything less than the best from me.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Great q's BK! And great answers, as usual, Ms Nineteen! Though I'm looking at the Nas answer like, no. she. didn't...Blasphemy!

When does the 5K take place? I am rooting for you!

Shoe shopping for days and Rockers? Yes!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

".....make sure Fresh and Slishy don't get into too much trouble"

What's that supposed to mean?!?!?!?

4:17 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Different day, same results. Good questions, better answers. I wish the project wasn't ending. It was fun.

5:23 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

Angostura rum is one of my favorites (after Havana Club, that is). :-)

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home