Monday, May 07, 2007

She's a maniac.....

The weekend was so busy, I am almost glad to be back at work where I can rest...LOL

Friday night, I was part of a "Women Entrepreneurs " event. My best friend was the keynote speaker and she was fabulous. (I expected nothing less). I am so proud of her as a mom and business owner. She really is inspiring.

I also got to spend time with a good friend who had a baby recently. She is another working mom who holds it down. She is a brilliant attorney, gorgeous and has a beautiful daughter. Awe inspiring indeed.

Saturday I woke up and attended a service project counseling teenagers on well....teenaged stuff. We talked about sex, HIV prevention, sexually transmitted diseases, abstinence, self esteem, etc. It was a great program. Our kids need help for real! Some of the questions and discussions were EYE opening. We are failing our youth in a major way. Each of you can be a mentor to someone. All you need is a few hours a week. You really can make a difference in someone's life.

Sunday, I got up and worked out. Took my son out roller skating and ended up at a street festival. Barbequed later that day and relaxed with the hubby.

Yeah...I could talk about doing too much but it's just a part of who I am. When I am sitting still, I feel like I could be doing something. I just can't win.

Mr. 1969 has a 2nd interview today (right now actually) for a great job. Say some prayers for us!!! I think the job is one that he would be excellent at. It's also close to home....no commute.

Wish us luck and have a great week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Matthewman said...

Hello, Can you tell me what networking organization this was for? I'm looking for some in the US. Thank you. tracy@wcda.ca

8:48 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Good luck to Mr. 1969!

And girl, you are Wonder Woman!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When your weekend is so crazy that you look forward to work...now that's some unexplainable ish right there!!!!

I'm sure Mr. 1-9-6-9 will rock that interview.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Good Luck Mr. Big Brother :-) I am sure that he'll get it (you guys are in my prayers).

I'm like you...I complain about all the shyt on my plate but at the end of the day I'd have it no other way. I get bored with myself if I aint hella busy...

11:40 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

ooh that sounds like a good weekend, you gave something back to your community, supported your girl and had family time...

Go 'head with your bad self! Sending positivity and prayers for the hubby!!

3:45 PM  
Blogger BK said...

congrats to Mr. 1969 cause I know he aced that joint and is starting on MONDAY!

big ups to you for continuing to support your community..

Have a fabulous week

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home