Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Never Forget




There is nothing I could write that would be as important as remembering our loved ones that perished on this day six years ago.

I was pregnant with my first child when the attacks happened. I watched when the second plane crashed into the Towers. I watched as people jumped out of the windows.
I watched as the plane crashed into the Pentagon, in the field in Pennsylvania.
I saw the towers, once the symbols of fortitude, collapse and disappear from the New York City skyline.

I gasped when I realized the towers were collapsing on top of one of our Hotels, where we ended up losing three brave individuals who had gone back after the evacuation to make sure all the guests were out safely.

I waited all day to hear from my mother, my brother. I rejoiced that they made it home safely. My brother walked from midtown Manhattan all the way to Brooklyn. He practically carried an old woman across the Brooklyn Bridge and it took him 8 hours, but he made it home.

And lastly, I can never forget, my wonderful and brave New Yorkers. On that day, we solidified our status as the greatest city in the world. Magnified by our actions and the strength we displayed. I have never been more proud to be a New Yorker.






Rest in Peace to the casualties, the victims of 9/11.

I will never forget.

9/11/2001

9 Comments:

Blogger CreoleInDC said...

I will neveer forget.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Trenting said...

There is no way I will ever forget

5:43 AM  
Blogger BK said...

neither will I.. I didn't want to do a tribute today because it hurt too much to remember. instead I celebrated my girlfriends.. as I lost 3 that day...

5:52 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

It's still frightening. But we CAN'T ever forget!

6:31 AM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

You are not alone.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

word.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's embedded in my brain.

8:41 AM  
Blogger cbean said...

Every year I send my best friend an email that simply states I LOVE YOU. She knows why. She was in the Pentagon that day.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Miss Snarky Pants said...

I think it's impossible for any of us to.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home