Friday, May 11, 2007

The Definition Of Love

I am inspired today by a great blogger. He's so great, I don't even want to share. LOL. I want to keep him all to myself. But today he wrote a post about Stevie Wonder and more so, it was a tribute to his Father and to love. He said that love is gangster not all whispers and softness.

This got me to thinking about love in general and I have to agree with him.

Listen closely......LOVE IS NOT FOR PUNKS.

You can't half step when you are in love. You can't love like you are afraid to get hurt. Love is about emotion and feeling. You have to put yourself out there. Yes, love is vulnerable. You may get hurt but you may also fly.

To experience all of the excitement and true passion....you have to want it. You sometimes have to fight to be heard. You have to sometimes admit defeat to learn a lesson.

It is not always easy. The road to something worth having is never easy. But when you finally get to love, you know you have earned it. You savor it. You feel a sense of serenity and calmness take over your spirit when you are in the presence of that person. It's beautiful.

And to stay in that state....sometimes you will have to check each other when you are slacking off. Reality will try to test your love. For it to work, you each have to want it. You have to communicate. You have to stay in the other person's face and tell them what is working and what isn't. If you say it with love and your partner is mature enough to handle it....it will only make the love stronger.

Musiq is putting his heart out there in this new song that you are listening to on my blog today. I am feeling this song. It's hard for a man to admit what he is singing about. That is real. Teach Me How To Love.

And the true definition of love is this woman....my mom.


She has never given up on me, she has stayed in my face and gotten grimy when she needed to but still offered me a shoulder to cry on when I was weak. She is the definition of love. Happy Mother's Day to her and to all of the moms out there. Teach Us How To Love.

15 Comments:

Blogger Virtuous said...

That is the TRUTH!!

I loved when you said that "when you finally get to love, you know you have EARNED it."

Thanks for the reality check!

Oh! What was the name of the other song that you had up by Musiq??

Happy Mama's Day in advance!!

5:35 AM  
Blogger BK said...

see you just made me cry!!!!

post hits home!!! yes it does..!!!


love ya girlie and happy mothers day to you and your mom!

5:44 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Virtuous...Thanks for the mama's day wishes. The other song was "Halfcrazy".

BK...happy mother's day to you. You are doing everything for those kids and you deserve some accolades. Enjoy your day (and stop crying!) Love ya.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Shai said...

Thanks. Happy Mother's Day to you.

6:23 AM  
Blogger onefromphilly said...

Have a Happy Mother's Day

and my comment on your post:
Exactly...love ain't for punks!!!

enjoy your day.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Still Patrice said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

1969, I love reading your blog. You are truly an inspiration to me. In more ways than one!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

amen and amen. I am printing this post out and sharing it with some people who need to know.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

Thanks for posting that. I'm learning now what it truly means to love, even in relation to my family.

Happy Mothers Day in advance

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's real talk Mrs. 1-9-6-9.

Love is taken for granted but when it's done right, it's so refreshing.

Enjoy your fam. Happy Mothers Day.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know thats right!!! You are speaking nothing but the Truth!!!

Happy Mother's Day Soror!!!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

That was beautiful! Hope you're having a great weekend and taking it down from your usual warp speed! Have a fantastic Mother's Day.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

hurray for mommies. love is some WORK. but its worth it.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Happy Mother's Day Big Sis! I came by on this Sunday morning to say that to you directly! This was a beautiful post and I absolutely love Musiq's new song...I need to put it on my Ipod. My Sweetheart has A.D.D. so I am not sure if he'll be able to listen to the words of the song all the way through but I'm going to try to get him too...we get so busy and so comfortable with our own routine that the essence of love and how to love is become lost. We shouldnt be afraid to acknowledge that we need help in that area. Pride is a mother!!!

Hope you are planning to have an awesome day, with your awesome children, and your awesome husband...oh and I cant forget your awesome Momma...for raising an AWESOME daughter like you!!

Much Love,

Royce

6:02 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

okay this is soo funny because the Coach was singing this song over and over and over again. I had never heard it before so I couldn't sing along. So then he played it over over and over again...and then we caught a performance on the telly, so maybe I need to check out the words...

cuz you are speaking to my heart right here!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Love is not for punks.

I love that. It's not. That's something I had to learn. Thanks for the refresher.

And Musiq's song is so fly. Gonna have to put that on myspace... (Thanks. I'll shout u out for it! LOL)

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home