Monday, May 14, 2007

The Weekend Review

Hope everyone had a great weekend celebrating Mother's Day with the mom in your life or being pampered for being the great Mom that you are.

I spent my weekend doing some good deeds. On Saturday, I cooked curry chicken, peas and rice and stewed cabbage for a really good friend of mine to bring over to her Mother's house for Mother's Day. We had fun in the kitchen and I think she may be able to make it herself next time. She called last night to say that her mom loved the meal, so that made me feel good. In addition, a few people heard that I was cooking for her and asked me if they could hire me to cook for them. Hmmm....note to self. I will have to start to really think about this. I have kicked around my catering business idea for so long. I may have to step this up. Stay tuned.

I woke up on Mother's Day and participated in the Breast Cancer R.ace for the Cure. There was a great turnout and hopefully, lots of money was raised.

When I came home, my boys gave me cards, made me some lunch and took me out for ice cream. We ended up at the playground and had a great afternoon enjoying the weather.
Just spending the day laughing at my kids was perfect.

This week will be busy. My Regional VP will be in to check up on me this week. That should be interesting. Mr. 1969 has a 3rd callback interview on Thursday for a great job. I can't really complain but hey, the week is young!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Sorry for the randomness. Later.

12 Comments:

Blogger onefromphilly said...

Congratulations for participating in Race for the Cure!! We were in Philly and had to divert all over the Park to get around..

Glad you had a good Mom's Day. Our older son graduated from West Chester on Saturday. So my Mother's Day couldn't get much better!

6:45 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Awww....a new graduate! That is a good Mother's Day. Congrats.

Yes, trying to find parking before the race was crazy.

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to place an order please. Can I get the jerk chicken, rice and peas, fried plantains and cocoa bread with a pineapple soda.......

Glad you enjoyed your ma dukes day!

7:12 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Fresh....coming right up. Ahh....a pineapple soda. My favorite.

7:13 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend. And, I'll be sure to forward you my address so you can send me some rice & peas, stewed cabbage and curry chicken! Man, Ali's was closed yesterday afternoon, so Church Boi brought over some food from this other place that was NO GOOD.

Anyhoo - I applaud you for doing service on YOUR weekend. Being in a position to be a blessing to others, is a blessing in and of itself.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Glad you had a great weekend!

8:45 AM  
Blogger BK said...

LMAO.. girl we can open up together.. your shop in philly and mine in MD.. cause DAAAAAAAAAMN if I'm not always cooking for folks..

It's my BIRTHDAY but I have to make the damn beef patties, curry and roti.. WTF LOL

I miss the days of running around the playground with mine.. all they want to do is go to the mall or chuck e cheese now.. LOL

*big up to Mr. 1969*

9:58 AM  
Blogger BK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:58 AM  
Blogger JustMeWriting said...

AWWWW...what a wonderful way to spend the weekend. I'm especially loving that time with your boys...nice.
My sons said they were going to make sure I had a stress free, relaxing weekend...then they went to my mothers and left me all alone...lol.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Get on that catering thing, Girl. God gives you certain gifts for a reason.

Yay, for the 3rd call back! :o)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Get a pen!!! Write this down!...Cause next week mi ah have one dinna pawty...Need some Cowfoot and dumpling...Wah yuh seh...lol

3:23 PM  
Blogger Supa said...

Happy Belated Mother's day!!!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home