Friday, June 15, 2007

Many are called but few are chosen....



I think the most powerful person in a family is the Father. The Father controls the destiny of his family and especially his children. Mothers are nurturers and they teach you how to love. Fathers shape the person you become. When a son has a father he can respect, he learns to be a man. He learns responsibilty, strength, pride and how to carry himself.



When a woman has a father, she learns how a man is supposed to act. She sees how a man treats a woman with respect, handles his responsibilities, protects his family, works hard, has fun and loves them unconditionally.

When the father is gone.....the kids have to fend for themselves. The woman is lost. The father is the key to our families. You all know that I am struggling to strengthen my bonds with my Father. My mother did a fantastic job, but there is no substitute for a strong black man running your house and teaching you the lessons you need to learn.

Today, I want to wish all of the Dad's out there a very Happy Father's Day. Thank you for everything that you do to make our kids better.

And to Mr. 1969, who is probably the best example of a Father that I know.....thanks for holding us down through my business trips, long hours and sorority meetings. You take care of your sons (and me)and smile doing it. You don't complain and act like parenting is a job. It comes naturally. If my boys grow up to be half the man you are, they'll be blessed. I love you man.

11 Comments:

Blogger onefromphilly said...

Happy Fathers Day to all the real dads out there.
"Many are called, few are chosen.."
so very true!!!

My Father, his brothers, my grandad and his brothers are the best example of men and fathers that I could have ever asked God for. They are the reason that I kept my maiden name, my family name. It's my way of honoring the Father and the men who are the reason I am.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

maaaaaaaaaan!! hurray for mr. 1969!! great fathers rock.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold it down Mr. 1-9-6-9. That was a good dedication. Sounds like the Tali's got a great role model.

7:10 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

HAPPY FATHER's DAY to you Fresh!!!!! You are holding it down for lil Fresh and Mama Fresh too.

7:18 AM  
Blogger BK said...

what you speak of is so true and so right!!!

congrats to tali 1 and 2 for having a great father and congrats to you for having a great man in your life!!!


yeah happy father's day fresh!!! :)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Those are words are the truth!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

That was beautiful.

Happy Father's Day to all who are doing what they're supposed to. The rest of you...

8:17 AM  
Blogger Miz JJ said...

I love it. Brought a tear to my eye. What a great tribute to your husband. Makes me glad that I had the type of father who protected me and cared for me.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

This is a nice tribute...I see you Mr. Sixty!!!

Funny I am working on a tribute to my Dad right now (hope to post this afternoon). This was nice

Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there...the ones who stepped up and handle theirs no matter what the deal is with their relationship with the Moms!!! Nothing better then a man who lives for his children!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Great post & tribute!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

very good of you to try
hope it's entirely worth it.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home