Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Go Shawty, It's ya Birthday.

Disclaimer: This post may offend the vertically challenged. Any thoughts or observations are strictly the tainted views of Ms. 1969 based on her personal experiences. Any resemblence to you or your life are purely coincidental.

I work with a lot of men. In my past 8 years with this company...I have come to make certain observations regarding men of a "shorter" stature. I would now like to share these with you.

1. Short men in the business world tend to overestimate their importance.
It's almost like they need to let you know their existence is vital to make themselves feel taller. **reference: Napoleon**

2. Short men in the business world tend to speak down to everyone around them.
Talking down to co-workers = Ego Boost
Since their height can't get a boost, why not their egos? **reference: Ka.nye W.est**

3. Short men in the business world seem to be experts at EVERYTHING and delight in sharing their knowledge depsite a lack of interest from related parties.
Perhaps the further distance from the quality air over time has made their brains evolve slightly ahead of their taller counterparts? **reference: George Jefferson, of The Jeffersons**

4. Short men in the business world are angry at women.
Perhaps hearing "You're cute but too short." in their personal lives have made them bitter? **reference: John L.egend**

5. Short men in the business world can be ruthless and will do anything to get noticed.
Perhaps constantly being looked over in other arenas has forced them to develop their other senses and skills. Watch your back. They will do what it takes to win and get what they want. **reference: Jermain.e D.upri**

1969 works with a short man.

This has been a 1969 public service announcement (c)

18 Comments:

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I totally agree with this my boss who is shorter than me although I am his assistant sometimes seems to believe that I am a child...umm no. I will go out of my way to ensure that what the client sees and recieves is professional however you will not talk to me as if I'm your child..thanks

2:24 PM  
Blogger Nexgrl said...

Yes Ma'am. I am in total agreement with you on this one.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Erica Bunker said...

I am in total agreement. They can be the most arrogant SOBs you'll run across.

6:26 PM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

I've worked with a shawty before. Whew...good luck with his azz. You need me to get my bat and flashlight out and head over?

8:11 PM  
Blogger lovelyjd said...

but short men are so cute...when they are not speaking, trying to dictate to you in some crazy way or in your presence... :)

oh and on the last few posts (since I am catching up)..

1) Go with your Trini self. I am Jamerican. Gwan Caribbean Queen.

2) Right on with the letter to Kim.

3)You know you get a 3 month in home trial on the tempurpedic...LOLOL..im just sayin...

9:39 PM  
Blogger BK said...

ROTFLMAO.. hahahaaaaa

I got a few of them here too and lawd geesus they must have a school for short mofos LOL

5:07 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

LOL. I can count on you to make me laugh almost every day. My boss is about a foot shorter than me and he acts like the world revolves around him. Now, when I go to work today and see him I'm going to be thinking about this post.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Amadeo said...

Lollerskates.

6:25 AM  
Blogger lynn said...

Your post for today is so funny, but oh so true!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

so true: the short man syndrome...I will add that they are also bullies..but do they really have to be??..I've worked for a short man for YEARS..he has CEO, COO and founder and he did all those things as you described and we did think he hated women because he always told us we didn't quite dress appropriately , we were over weight and we needed to do our hair better..OUR BOSS mind you....
ooops wait you just made me think of when Pam called Martin Arsenio Small..HAHA!!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger So...Wise...Sista said...

Ohmigosh...the references are hilarious! George Jeff, JLegend, etc.

HAHAHAHA

I'm sooo hoping u have a short dude reader who can explain the psyche. lol

11:32 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

lmao!!! maybe b/c i'm little they don't feel intimidated by me. or maybe i just haven't encountered enough short men. that's quite alright b/c i have enough crazy around to last a lifetime.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just step on said short person and tell them to go away?

12:10 PM  
Blogger Ms. Lee said...

I've never had a short boss, except for one female boss I had. That was a double whammy!

But the ones I've met have all been bossy.

Good luck to the shorty that crosses you. He wouldn't be able to withstand getting cut down to size. Hardy har! Wasn't that awful? LOL. I've been hanging with my dad the corny joke king. LOL

7:09 PM  
Blogger proacTiff said...

And I know a few, male and female, Law Enforcement Officers who are like four-nine. Walking round with a gun, mace and a night stick.

2:50 AM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

ooh short men gimme the blues sometimes. I'm damn near 5'10" in flats and prefer to wear heels, so they see me as some Amazon and they want to slay me...or else just stare at my boobs..

tons of short men flock to LA everyday to make it big on the big or small screen. It's a town filled with little Mighty Mouse Mofo's that still somehow wanna date models.

go figure!

8:19 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Girl, you ain neva lied! Short men need to assert their presence because it isn't felt often in a physical sense. Short men tend to do this in a variety of ways including those you mentioned, and the following:

* talking loudly
* talking closely
* walking with heavy steps
* being physicall aggressive

I'm 5'2. I have plenty 'o' experience with short men. I even now have the nerve to be talking to a short Marine. Pray for me.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

My husband is only 5'9" but he claims he's not short so none of this applies to him! LOL! He says short is if you're a man who's 5'7" and under. Seriously though, I agree with Aunt Jackie about the LA thing. That is the truth!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home